St Roch"s 2018/19

21stcenturyboy

On 6/18/2018 at 15:56, 21stcenturyboy said:

www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/junior-football-team-launches-walking-14798650.amp?__twitter_impression=true

News of newly lauched Walking Group 

Class, this sort of stuff is why I have a soft spot for the Candy.

Can't think of a Junior team that try to do more for the vulnerable and disadvantaged. 

Too many people make judgements about players, teams and life based on anything but facts and thought. If someone had seen the lad at Royal Albert and said “I don’t think he is good enough” then that is one thing, just questioning him because he played there shows little understanding of players and ability and potential and standards. We have players in the squad from last season who some think aren’t up to it and that’s fine. How are they going to get on in an even higher standard? What we should do as fans is support the guys in the shirt and the squad and then make our own judgement with our own eyes. I’m not a fan of the “the ref was shite and cost us... apparently” brigade. I for one trust the gaffer’s eye and wish the lad well. He will always have my support if he gives 100% and acts in a good manner. I’m sure the vast majority of the fans will feel the same. Welcome to the club young man. [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Too many people make judgements about players, teams and life based on anything but facts and thought. If someone had seen the lad at Royal Albert and said “I don’t think he is good enough” then that is one thing, just questioning him because he played there shows little understanding of players and ability and potential and standards. We have players in the squad from last season who some think aren’t up to it and that’s fine. How are they going to get on in an even higher standard? What we should do as fans is support the guys in the shirt and the squad and then make our own judgement with our own eyes. I’m not a fan of the “the ref was shite and cost us... apparently” brigade. I for one trust the gaffer’s eye and wish the lad well. He will always have my support if he gives 100% and acts in a good manner. I’m sure the vast majority of the fans will feel the same. Welcome to the club young man. [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]
I watched the Albert when they played us at the start of the season in the Sectional Cup and they played very well and they had a few good players who imo could step into our league and hold their own,they had one young lad who played in the no11 position and caused us a lot of problems

On 21/06/2018 at 12:09, Kinky Afro said:

Too many people make judgements about players, teams and life based on anything but facts and thought. If someone had seen the lad at Royal Albert and said “I don’t think he is good enough” then that is one thing, just questioning him because he played there shows little understanding of players and ability and potential and standards. We have players in the squad from last season who some think aren’t up to it and that’s fine. How are they going to get on in an even higher standard? What we should do as fans is support the guys in the shirt and the squad and then make our own judgement with our own eyes. I’m not a fan of the “the ref was shite and cost us... apparently” brigade. I for one trust the gaffer’s eye and wish the lad well. He will always have my support if he gives 100% and acts in a good manner. I’m sure the vast majority of the fans will feel the same. Welcome to the club young man. emoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

You are 100% correct. Get behind the lad. If he is reading this thread, he will be sorry he signed.

Rossvale' POTY was last night. Players player was Gary McGrath who was on loan to Albert. Top goalscorer was Liam McGonigle who they signed from a poor poor Johnston Burgh side. There are some diamonds further down. 

See ye all next season when we recommence the battle.

Have a great summer

• 3 weeks later...

Signings so far....

Jordan Rennie 

Sean Viola

Michael  McGarahan

Anthony McGuigan

Kris Lafferty

Looking forward to seeing how some of the new boys get on in Petershill Tournament at the weekend 

Also SR1920 supporters bus taking names for trip to Dundee next week