Kilsyth Rangers 2018/19

Krfc 10

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Tbh, I wouldn’t be too upset if someone listed what was on offer though.

Committe members of visiting clubs are offered a tea or coffee if arriving early. Tea and biscuits at halftime, no-one is asked to prove they are committee. After the game there is tea, filled rolls, and pies and usually sausage rolls for committee and players. Visiting officials may be offered something stronger if Russell likes the look of you. No excuse for anyone to go away hungry.

9 hours ago, garrellburn said:

Committe members of visiting clubs are offered a tea or coffee if arriving early. Tea and biscuits at halftime, no-one is asked to prove they are committee. After the game there is tea, filled rolls, and pies and usually sausage rolls for committee and players. Visiting officials may be offered something stronger if Russell likes the look of you. No excuse for anyone to go away hungry.

What kinda biscuits?

Nah, I’m only kidding. One of the things I love about the Juniors is this kind of hospitality. Some do get their tanga briefs in a twist when people don’t attend but I imagine it’s not always possible. However, a look in and an apology  would smooth that over I suppose. Nice one Kilsyth!

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

What kinda biscuits?

Nah, I’m only kidding. One of the things I love about the Juniors is this kind of hospitality. Some do get their tanga briefs in a twist when people don’t attend but I imagine it’s not always possible. However, a look in and an apology  would smooth that over I suppose. Nice one Kilsyth!

+I'll send you a menu, do you prefer milk or dark chocolate digestives?

On 18/09/2018 at 04:23, jimbaxters said:

What kinda biscuits?

Some of the senior teams struggle to put on hospitality after a game. Majority of junior clubs thrive on it. Lot to be said for  the community spirit of these teams. 

Arthurlie manager was outside looking for the fag packet with all his tactics on it........ still looking

31 minutes ago, DFS69 said:

That has to be the worst performance of the season,JT should never pull on a Kilsyth shirt again,No leadership and committed so many fouls,Only person to get pass marks was The Keeper who saved kilsyth again

Worse than losing 8-1 at Glencairn?

One look at the league table shows where our deficencies lie. Losing Bullit at halftime did not help the cause but neither did a very biased ref. The softest penalty I've seen in a very long time, a similar foul at the other end was waved away, bookings for tackles and trivial offences such as kicking the ball away all went one way. But having said all that Darvel did deserve the win, they were running through a static defence unchallenged and unless we can shore up the defence we won't inhabit the top half of the league much longer.

Received some sad news this morning.

It is with sadness that I write to tell you that my father, Jimmy Sievewright, part of the Kilsyth Rangers 1954/55 cup winning team has died.
His funeral will be at Glasgow crematorium on Wednesday 26th September at 13.30, should any of his teammates or friends wish to attend.
Donald Sievewright

4 minutes ago, Euzi said:

Received some sad news this morning.

It is with sadness that I write to tell you that my father, Jimmy Sievewright, part of the Kilsyth Rangers 1954/55 cup winning team has died.
His funeral will be at Glasgow crematorium on Wednesday 26th September at 13.30, should any of his teammates or friends wish to attend.
Donald Sievewright

The club will be represented at the funeral service, Jimmy was at Kilsyth for just two seasons but his presence was hugely important to our winning the Scottish cup for the first time in 1955.  He played in all the games up till the final at Hampden which ended in a 0-0 draw but returned for the replay on the wednesday although still not fully fit.

I last saw him about a year ago when he was with his wife shopping in Kilsyth but looking very frail and he asked about the club.

What is address of the Glasgow Crematorium?