Kilsyth Rangers 2018/19

Krfc 10

Kilsyth fans shouldn't be too down on their team from Saturday, in my opinion. It was obvious that they had selection issues.

They had four substitutes named on the team lines, but I could only see two stripped, and it was clear that they knew they weren't getting on the pitch as they were changed back into their track suits and ready to go home before the match had finished.

The centre half no.5 was the manager who is 47, and I was told that the no.4 and no.11 (who scored the own goal) were trialists.

That's how short Kilsyth were for players, which won't be the case going forward I assume.

As for the criticism of goalkeeper Buchanan, I actually thought he had a good game. Yes, he was badly at fault for the first goal, but he had some great saves in the game as well. Excellent saves from McKay, Leyden (twice) and Simeon spring to mind straight away, so it could have been a lot worse.

2 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

None more so than Saturday, was away for the weekend and heard that we had 8 players missing for different reasons, anyone shed any light on what happened?

Ryan Conville - injured

Chris Reid - injured but made bench

Franny Kelly - away for anniversary

Scott Upton - holiday

Danny Smith - working

Craig Shields - injured

Michael McKay - awol

Dan Orsi - released.

Back 3 didnt work against Glens formation of 4-2-3-1

Jack Hamilton just back from injury and miles of pace in midfield. 

Everything Glencairn touched in 1st 20 mins went in.

I’m attending an event next Sunday at 1 o’clock  at the Auchengeich memorial in Moodiesburn and whilst doing a bit of research on the tragedy, I found this in a local paper  

“The tragedy also touched Kilsyth itself. Donald Weir, 30, lived with his wife May at St Andrew's Place. A talented footballer, he had played for Kilsyth Rangers and went on to enjoy spells with Celtic and Forfar. His son Paul turned two just two days after his father's death”. 

Thought this might be of interest for you guys. 

Kilsyth 3-2 Arthurlie. Good bounce back after last week. A feisty game today which Im surprised finished 11-a-side.
2 goals for Steven Lee Degnan and one for PJ Dolan. 

A great save from Div Buchanan in the last minute secured the 3 points.

27 minutes ago, Euzi said:

Kilsyth 3-2 Arthurlie. Good bounce back after last week. A feisty game today which Im surprised finished 11-a-side.

It was good to see that the Arthurlie management team took their defeat in good sport and made a sharp exit , not accepting  the hospitality that was laid on    .However the same cannot be said for  their players who accepted the result and the hospitality that was afforded to them .   As we say in the junior game  YOURS IN SPORT.    Sometimes?

I thought Arthurlie were well worth a point from that game. Horrendous start, 2 down in the first 10 minutes but got back in to the game and i thought were the better team in the 2nd half.  Missed at least 4 good chances to equalise but didn't take them.  Kilsyth very dangerous on the break and i really liked their number 9.  Great place to watch a game of football and if it wasn't for the location would be a decent shout to host finals. 

Anyway good luck to Kilsyth for the rest of the season and already looking forward to seeing them at Dunterlie.

4 hours ago, Satori. said:

I thought Arthurlie were well worth a point from that game. Horrendous start, 2 down in the first 10 minutes but got back in to the game and i thought were the better team in the 2nd half.  Missed at least 4 good chances to equalise but didn't take them.  Kilsyth very dangerous on the break and i really liked their number 9.  Great place to watch a game of football and if it wasn't for the location would be a decent shout to host finals. 

Anyway good luck to Kilsyth for the rest of the season and already looking forward to seeing them at Dunterlie.

Is Kilsyth any harder to get to than Athulie? North of the city it's 20 mins on the M80. 

8 hours ago, William Michaels said:

Is Kilsyth any harder to get to than Athulie? North of the city it's 20 mins on the M80. 

if you drive its okay to get you but by public transport, its a bit of awkward one need to get a train to croy from queen street then get a bus what every half on a Saturday to Kilsyth swimming baths which is around the corner from the ground 

20 hours ago, Euzi said:

thought we did just enough to ern our 3 points yesterday. good performances from Div in goals, big Jack in defence, Scotty and Drew in midfield and especially Sal up front. Concerned for next week with injuries to Degs and Phil both having to come off and also Jack limping towards the end. Also not convinced with that new centre half but hopefully just needs time.

2 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:
15 hours ago, William Michaels said:

Yes, although my understanding of Sartori's post was that he was comparing it to other grounds that regularly host finals.

Yes mate , thats exactly what i was doing.  Good surface , massive  shed which would be superb for a big crowd.  Arthurlie has great transport links but unfortunately our ground isn't up to standard for finals.

Yes mate , thats exactly what i was doing.  Good surface , massive  shed which would be superb for a big crowd.  Arthurlie has great transport links but unfortunately our ground isn't up to standard for finals.

It's the Pie and Bovril illness - there is so much negativity, that everyone expects everything written to be negative, such that that it almost becomes impossible to recognise positive comments.

thought we did just enough to ern our 3 points yesterday. good performances from Div in goals, big Jack in defence, Scotty and Drew in midfield and especially Sal up front. Concerned for next week with injuries to Degs and Phil both having to come off and also Jack limping towards the end. Also not convinced with that new centre half but hopefully just needs time.
Thought new c.half did well yesterday did everything asked of him , it was a difficult 1st game for him last week v glens with bodies missing

On 15/09/2018 at 20:46, takmadoon said:

It was good to see that the Arthurlie management team took their defeat in good sport and made a sharp exit , not accepting  the hospitality that was laid on    .However the same cannot be said for  their players who accepted the result and the hospitality that was afforded to them .   As we say in the junior game  YOURS IN SPORT.    Sometimes?

What was on for eating?

3 hours ago, takmadoon said:

Surely you must be joking. It's not that your management team have not been at Kilsyth before both as payer and Manager and know that there is always hospitality at Duncansfield

He was obviously fishing and you took the bait.