Kilsyth Rangers 2018/19

Krfc 10

Willie McLaren was their No 7. He had began his junior career with the Bens, went to Airdrie in 2003, then had spells with St Johnstone, Clyde, Queen of the South, Hamilton and finally back to Airdrie, scoring around 60 goals as a senior, Reinstated to Irvine Meadow in 2014, also been with Forth before returning to Benburb. Still a very usefull  player at this level as he demonstrated yesterday.  A very good bunch of guys at Benburb and its good to see them making a return to the upper leagues after many years in the wilderness, however they don't like being reminded of the 6-0 thrashing in the Evening Times Cup in 1954!
Sorry i asked now ! 1954 ? It's 2018 now !
Zzźzzzzz [emoji849]

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope file can be seen. There are still a few of us around that remember the Kilsyth Rangers v Benburb game. I was not there but my family who supported the Bens talked about it a fair bit for several years afterwards.  The teams at the top of their respective league's played off in a final. Two smashing teams with big supports and a crowd of 15,000 at Shawfield.

An extract from my book 'A time in Govan' which I hope comes out.

Girvan 0-4 Kilsyth.

Salim Kouider-aissa (2)

Jordan Pirrie

Steven Degnan

Hit woodwork 3 times in 2nd half. 

Girvan finished with 9 men after 2 players received double bookings for dissent.

Another good 3 points yesterday against a good Cumbernauld side, 1 down at half time to our ex striker Scott Davidson's strike, (knew he'd score, lol)  we came out in the second half and battled well, good game of football between two solid teams, another tremendous strike from around 30 yards from our striker Salim Kouider-Aissa which rattled the under side of the bar for Degnan to score from the rebound, he's proving to be a tremendous signing although I think that's the first game he's not scored in, well done Jack Harrison in getting the winner too

Real hard fought win yesterday with only a very few chances for either side, maybe us just shading it. Both defences on top and midfields basically cancelling each other out. Scotty Davidson scored a great strike but was not really in the rest of the game. Fantastic strike by Salim to set up our first and good follow up strike from big Jack after keeper error to grab the winner. Cumbernauld are a good side and would expect them to be challenging for promotion but look a bit light up front 

1 hour ago, Big Boab Jnr said:

Real hard fought win yesterday with only a very few chances for either side, maybe us just shading it. Both defences on top and midfields basically cancelling each other out. Scotty Davidson scored a great strike but was not really in the rest of the game. Fantastic strike by Salim to set up our first and good follow up strike from big Jack after keeper error to grab the winner. Cumbernauld are a good side and would expect them to be challenging for promotion but look a bit light up front 

We might have got them at a good time yesterday as they were a few bodies short due to injuries.

Also, as much as goals win games I have to say Div Buchanan's save at 2-1 was every bit a match winning save.

We have added keeper David Buchanan ( ex-Cumbernauld Utd) and defender/midfielder Jack Hamilton (ex-Whitburn Juniors and Kilsyth Rangers boys club) to our squad.

Centre half Jon Tully is also joining us pending confirmation of his registration. Jon counts Sauchie and Oakley amongst his previous Junior teams.

Dan Orsi has been released. We wish him all the best.

What an absolute embaressment today , yes we were short of players today but there's no excuse for that capitulatiion , an dont get me wrong the glens played well and deserved to win and ive no problem with that but some of the defending and general play left alot 2 b desired
Just showed everyone that weve no depth of squad to cope if we're a few short ,an take nothing away from the glens who were on it but some of the goals we gave away were a joke [emoji849]

Was hoping yesterday was a bad dream. Apparently it was all too real.

Lets hope that's the horror show out the way. 

Another couple of tough games coming up against Arthurlie and Darvel before the Scottish Cup tie at Livingston Utd.

On 02/09/2018 at 14:47, Big Boab Jnr said:

You could be right Euzi but all teams will suffer from that throughout the season and I think we have already dropped points due to players being missing. 

None more so than Saturday, was away for the weekend and heard that we had 8 players missing for different reasons, anyone shed any light on what happened?

4 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

None more so than Saturday, was away for the weekend and heard that we had 8 players missing for different reasons, anyone shed any light on what happened?

looked like we only had 11 fit players and not even sure that's true as one or two on the park didn't seem right. combination of bad goal keeping, poor tactics and probably the worst performance from the new centre half you will ever see. from heroes last week to zeros this. disgraceful performance from all.

Archived