Kilsyth Rangers 2018/19

Krfc 10

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A comfortable win over the candy in the end of 6-2 ,,but it was a hard thought affair ,i dont think our 10 deserved a red for his tackle a yellow was bout right ,i dont think he went out to deliberatly hurt hanlon ,and hanlon's tackle on dolan was a yellow as well ,the goalie was a deffo red ,i think our fitness levels were better than the candy resulting in a couple if late goals to put a shine on the result ,think home games will be the key for them this year [emoji848]

A comfortable win over the candy in the end of 6-2 ,,but it was a hard thought affair ,i dont think our 10 deserved a red for his tackle a yellow was bout right ,i dont think he went out to deliberatly hurt hanlon ,and hanlon's tackle on dolan was a yellow as well ,the goalie was a deffo red ,i think our fitness levels were better than the candy resulting in a couple if late goals to put a shine on the result ,think home games will be the key for them this year [emoji848]

Will agree to disagree regarding the tackle from the number 10 but on reflection when our mob on the sidelines were giving him stick the lad did stick his hand up as if to say sorry for that and his manager subbing him says to me they knew they got away with just a yellow.

Tbf I don't think it was really fitness KR played well and the boy up front punished us every time combined with our own poor discipline then we can certainly have no complaints about the result.

My opinion is we lack a real big experienced centre who can organise and lead the defence and a ball winning centre mid who can break up the game and settle us down in the middle but your right in that our home games are vital as that's were we can win enough points to keep us up

Thought u had a few decent players but always got the impression that your discipline could go at any time imo ,proved with the goalie ,who i actualy thought was pretty decent up till that point ,and reading other candy reports it seems a problem ? Hard enough in this league without being short on the park [emoji849]

We are not a dirty side by any stretch of the imagination but far too many players sent off for dissent
Yesterday the big keeper lost the plot and got himself sent of he can have no complaints as it was needless and stupid and now the other boy we have gets the gloves and he faces a challenge to get back into the side

Pirrie (#10) could have been sent off, I wouldnt have had any complaints if he had been. Also, another ref would have sent off Hanlon for his challenge on Dolan.  Football always divides opinion. 

2 poorly defended shots from out the box and a quite bizarre own goal did for us today,  pretty woeful performance all round

All credit to Benburb though, they were well organised and shut down any attacks 

Need to improve if we are going to make a promotion push though

Didn't think it was woeful!! Defence not at its strongest but had more than enough of the ball to at least get something out of the game . Improvement needed but without trying to make exscuse, We had several players out today and 3 central defenders included in that .

1 hour ago, Kilsyth Gers said:

2 poorly defended shots from out the box and a quite bizarre own goal did for us today,  pretty woeful performance all round

All credit to Benburb though, they were well organised and shut down any attacks 

Need to improve if we are going to make a promotion push though

2 guys just back from holiday who were on the bench as they hadn't trained, bullit on holiday, jack Harrison on holiday, Hamilton injured, McWilliams injured, makeshift defence today, I'm sure with a full squad to pick from we would beat teams like benburb

Just now, Kilsyth Gers said:

Ah you are right, perhaps "woeful" was a bit strong!

Was disappointed in how easy we were to close down in the final third, and two of the three goals were defensive mistakes through not closing down properly, and the OG was.. well!

Onwards to next week though, I do think there is a team in there that can win this league 

I thought a draw would have been a fair result today, strange game , bizzare o.g , 2 tremendous goals for both teams to have bens ahead 2-1 , was all us then got caught on the break for a sucker punch , bens had a few good players , 5 and 10 and 7 , who i think was mclaren ? Short off a few players today , long way to go and think when we get guys back and settle down a bit we'l be fine

12 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

I thought a draw would have been a fair result today, strange game , bizzare o.g , 2 tremendous goals for both teams to have bens ahead 2-1 , was all us then got caught on the break for a sucker punch , bens had a few good players , 5 and 10 and 7 , who i think was mclaren ? Short off a few players today , long way to go and think when we get guys back and settle down a bit we'l be fine

Willie McLaren was their No 7. He had began his junior career with the Bens, went to Airdrie in 2003, then had spells with St Johnstone, Clyde, Queen of the South, Hamilton and finally back to Airdrie, scoring around 60 goals as a senior, Reinstated to Irvine Meadow in 2014, also been with Forth before returning to Benburb. Still a very usefull  player at this level as he demonstrated yesterday.  A very good bunch of guys at Benburb and its good to see them making a return to the upper leagues after many years in the wilderness, however they don't like being reminded of the 6-0 thrashing in the Evening Times Cup in 1954!

Archived