ANOTHER fire at Glasgow School of Art

Guest Bob Mahelp

Warnings today that it could fall down at any second. Sadly it didn't fall during Mundell's visit today.

As an aside, when did everyone start referring to it as "The Mack"? I've lived in Glasgow all my life and never heard it before the last few days.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Warnings today that it could fall down at any second. Sadly it didn't fall during Mundell's visit today.

As an aside, when did everyone start referring to it as "The Mack"? I've lived in Glasgow all my life and never heard it before the last few days.

The what?! "The Art School" is obviously one syllable too long for these c***s. World's gone mad.

I bet the fuckers that call it that don't indicate at roundabouts either.

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Clearly it burned down again because this wasn't played at its reopening:

16 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The what?! "The Art School" is obviously one syllable too long for these c***s. World's gone mad.

I bet the fuckers that call it that don't indicate at roundabouts either.

Those fuckers all live over here. Didn't realise I was surrounded by so many architectural historians...

27 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's always been the Macintosh building or the Mack.

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I think that building has always been called The Mack. The Art School has more than one building.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

It's always been the Art School

The Glasgow School of Art is a university/school. The Macintosh building is (was) the main campus. 'The Art School' is what I would call the union over the road on Scott Street. Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Man of Aran said:

The Glasgow School of Art is a university/school. The Macintosh building is (was) the main campus. 'The Art School' is what I would call the union over the road on Scott Street. Hope this helps.

That's quite the condescending post.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I'd mention that The Glasgow School of Art is  an accredited institution of the University of Glasgow rather than a "university/school", and that the Mackintosh (note the k) building was not the main campus, but one of a number of buildings on the main Garnethill Campus.

Hope this helps.

54 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That's quite the condescending post.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I'd mention that The Glasgow School of Art is  an accredited institution of the University of Glasgow rather than a "university/school", and that the Mackintosh (note the k) building was not the main campus, but one of a number of buildings on the main Garnethill Campus.

Hope this helps.

Good one

• 2 months later...

Bump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45540082

Muriel Gray criticising reports of £100M rebuild cost today as "plucked out of thin air" because even the art school has "absolutely no idea until we know the scale of the damage".

Then goes on to announce it definitely will be rebuilt because "it's non-negotiable" and the trustees "are completely unanimous about this and it's not up for discussion".

So basically a blank cheque, then?

Meanwhile the ceiling of a neighbouring art gallery - outside the safety cordon, but accessed using an entrance inside it - has collapsed after a toilet was left leaking for 3 months.