ANOTHER fire at Glasgow School of Art

Guest Bob Mahelp

A lot of major fires in Glasgow in the last few years. Makes you wonder if there's something sinister going on - other than insurance jobs / developers eyeing up prime real estate.

Just this year alone. Sauchiehall St is a bit of a mess anyway! Maybe a chance to level large parts of it and start again.

30 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

School of Art is absolutely gubbed, it’s finished.

Things don’t look great for the ABC either. Real shame.

Although the School of Art will be a bigger loss in terms of being iconic and a tourist attraction, when it comes down to it a greater proportion of Glaswegians will probably miss the ABC more - for my money it was the best medium sized gig venue in Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Spent many a Fri/Sat night in the Art School sinking diesels, puffing on a doobie and watching underground UK Hip Hop acts. 

RIP The Glasgow School of Art my old friend. 

That's as good a reason for burning it down as I've seen.

Doobie!

The GSA union still looks fine but the building they were refurbishing looks like it’s fucked beyond repair. They were already selling the ABC weren’t they? Can’t wait for some exciting new luxury student apartments right in the heart of the city!