France vs Australia

lichtie23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both penalties spot on. French one was contentious but VAR showed clearly player missed ball and brought down the player, while the Aussie penalty was clear handball. Idiotic from the Frenchman there.

Pie and Bovril nearly in unison on that. Twitter is all over the place.

I don't understand why Lawrenson continues to get a gig and I say it every tournament. He does nothing but complain in every game he commentates on. Are there folk out there who find his rotten patter amusing?

He is an absolute c**t of a man. The only good thing about having him as a commentator is when it's the game England go out on. He goes completely silent and any time he does speak he's a frothing mess.

Depressingly enough, there are people who genuinely like him. Usually the sorts of people who own books by Clarkson and listen to bands like Def Leopard.

1 minute ago, LastDitchTackle said:

Both penalties spot on. French one was contentious but VAR showed clearly player missed ball and brought down the player - albeit Griezmann made a meal of it, while the Aussie penalty was clear handball. Idiotic from the Frenchman there.

Completely agree with this.  Don't understand how people are seeing anything different. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

To be fair Lawrenson has been pretty decent this game, good entertainment value with him just laying into everybody no fucks given. emoji1.png

He's wrong regarding the French penalty. Whether the defender got a scrape on the ball or not, he took Griesman's back leg while he was still in possession of the ball.

Sidibe has been a big miss here. Him and a fully fit Mendy would make a massive difference.

Also this commentator ‘Lawro’ is puting me off the game. I can’t enjoy because every couple of minutes I’m annoyed by how stupid he is.

Just now, LastDitchTackle said:

Both penalties spot on. French one was contentious but VAR showed clearly player missed ball and brought down the player, while the Aussie penalty was clear handball. Idiotic from the Frenchman there.

You can't say it was contentious and correct to change the decision.  

If any decision is ""contentious" then referee decision on the field must stand.  It is how every other sport works with Video Refereeing.  

I'm sure Lawrenson was also completely confused by goal line technology at the last World Cup or Euros.
An imbecile of a a man.

I remember Jonathan Pearce making an absolute mess of goal line technology, he was absolutely raging at a fairly easy concept to grasp, which was done effectively and quickly, to the point he was still ranting about it at the next game he commentated on.

Archived