Kenny Mclean

maicoman

1 hour ago, classof2010 said:

How many players have scored 200 goals for a junior club most of it in the top division you will be surprised what the top scorer is each season

More than a few, problem is many clubs have incomplete records, especially of times gone by. I doubt if anyone could say definitively who is all time top scorer in the junior game. Plenty who scored very prolificaly for one or two seasons then went Senior. 

Among those who remained junior and have very high totals from former times would be our own Alex Querrie who scored 260 in six seasons for Kilsyth, and also an unknown number with Forth Rangers and perhaps a few with Bo'ness.

Billy Walker at Dalry in the 50's and 60's must have had a very high total, can anyone enlighten us?

I also remember Cooke? at Largs in the same era. Plenty of others I am sure well into the 2 or 3 hundreds, put your claim in here.

An average of twenty a season over ten years is no mean feat at any level and most clubs would be very happy with that

1 hour ago, TFW said:

Dennis Gray, Auchinlecl Talbot, played 424 games and scored 310 goals. Seven goals for Junior Scotland in 11 starts as well.

This must probably be the highest in the modern junior era (post 60's) but are there any higher? I think there may well be, but hard to find out and provide proof.

Kenny signed in July 2007 for the 07/08 season So he has just completed his 10th season with Beith so 20 goals a season  is not a bad return. And when you consider he only played the last 3 months of this season due to a bad knee injury at the end of the 16/17 season.   

38 minutes ago, beithboy said:

Kenny signed in July 2007 for the 07/08 season So he has just completed his 10th season with Beith so 20 goals a season  is not a bad return. And when you consider he only played the last 3 months of this season due to a bad knee injury at the end of the 16/17 season.   

200 goals in 277 starts is a lot better than not bad in fairness. Just a natural goalscorer that Beith have been very lucky to have had for such a long time. 

Archived