Portugal v Spain

21 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

6.5% conversion last time someone did analysis (2017), Messi, widely regarded as one of the best free kick takers in the world. has an 8% conversion with a lot less scored. 

#mythbusting

The main conclusion to draw from that is he not as good as Messi but insists on taking every direct free kick.

#asisuspected

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Has he shagged your wife or something? 

Bizarre the amount of people seething about a sensational player putting in a wonderful performance in a great match.

Perhaps they prefer watching games of the standard of Morocco v Iran.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Ignoring your inability to maths, your logic is a little shady son. Be like complaining that Liam Craig insists on taking penalties for St Johnstone even though Ronaldo has a better conversion rate.

In conclusion, #yertalkingpish

Over 50 could be a million for all I know. What does annoy me is he takes them for Real Madrid even when he is set up all wrong and another player would have a better chance of scoring.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Nice edit, too late though, soz. 

Drink has been taken and I’m SEETHING about the preening narcissist costing me 10% of his conversion rate times how much of a pi he is.

just watched the second hand of that on catch up and i have a few witless comments to make:

i've seen andres iniesta play live, and consider myself singularly lucky; messi and ronaldo may be better pure goalscorers, but he's right up there in the conversation for best footballer

there was a three or four minute spell before the free kick that lead to the 2-2 goal from spain which involved more consecutive and constructive passes being strung together than england will manage in the entire tournament; they cannot even begin to comprehend that degree of ball retention, let alone execute it; quite astounding watching the pressure build and build and build until portugal cracked

more on ball retention - i've never seen another team who look dangerous when they are passing the ball about between their back four, ten yards outside their own area; seriously - you watch that and are just waiting for the killer ball to split the opposing defence apart, or the threaded pass that sets someone free in midfield to wreck havoc

cristiano can swap places with dannii if he wants; just unspeakably astounding

i seriously don't know why england bother; that collection of imbeciles might as well retire after a game like that; there was more team cohesion and empathy on display than they can begin to imagine, and if the likes of anyone - with the possible exclusion of harry kane - think that they are individually on the same planet as about a dozen blokes on display this evening then they are dangerously deluded; the lack of quality in the england team compared to what that match had to offer is embarrassing

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Love how folk think Ronaldo is a flouncing preening fanny only concerned with getting attention when in fact he's one of the most committed and hard working players today, in all aspects of his game.

You don't score free kicks like that without spending hours practicing them.

just fucking pump him then.

3 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

just watched the second hand of that on catch up and i have a few witless comments to make:

i've seen andres iniesta play live, and consider myself singularly lucky; messi and ronaldo may be better pure goalscorers, but he's right up there in the conversation for best footballer

there was a three or four minute spell before the free kick that lead to the 2-2 goal from spain which involved more consecutive and constructive passes being strung together than england will manage in the entire tournament; they cannot even begin to comprehend that degree of ball retention, let alone execute it; quite astounding watching the pressure build and build and build until portugal cracked

more on ball retention - i've never seen another team who look dangerous when they are passing the ball about between their back four, ten yards outside their own area; seriously - you watch that and are just waiting for the killer ball to split the opposing defence apart, or the threaded pass that sets someone free in midfield to wreck havoc

cristiano can swap places with dannii if he wants; just unspeakably astounding

i seriously don't know why england bother; that collection of imbeciles might as well retire after a game like that; there was more team cohesion and empathy on display than they can begin to imagine, and if the likes of anyone - with the possible exclusion of harry kane - think that they are individually on the same planet as about a dozen blokes on display this evening then they are dangerously deluded; the lack of quality in the england team compared to what that match had to offer is embarrassing

And to think Spain left out fabregas too

Archived