World Cup Beer-Off - SPA vs POR

Christophe

Which beer?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rounding off the day 2 action:

In the red corner, weighing in at a massive 10%, a saison port barrel aged ale to blow your head off, complementing piri-piri chicken....LETRA IMP5RIO!

B65ECB0E-AC87-4975-83B4-52A70E459BAF.thumb.jpeg.84f112a9cf0936489094be9fd5c095fb.jpeg

In the other red corner, weighing in at a measly in comparison 4.8%, a pilsner out of Seville, complementing paella....CRUZCAMPO!

20CC7218-D896-4CCC-BDC3-8131757FD94E.jpeg.58e5289028699f2065f2d1924c257eb3.jpeg

The CruzCampo is a lovely lager but suffers from the EFES syndrome, it tastes better in Spain than it does here!!!
Brewed under Licence just doesn't cut it for me I'm afraid!!!

5 hours ago, Smurph said:

Cruzcampo is owned by Heineken. A barrel-aged saison sounds superb.

Glad I didn't vote for that one then! Being from The Netherlands, I absolutely hate Heineken...

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Might make an appearance later on, got to rotate the squad!

Sorry m8. I'll read the thread a bit beforehand in future...

Spain take the points, bold move from the Portuguese starting with a maverick player but it’s back to the drawing board for the rest of the group stages for them...

GROUP B STANDINGS

SPAIN 3

MOROCCO 3

IRAN 0

PORTUGAL 0

3 hours ago, Marten said:

Glad I didn't vote for that one then! Being from The Netherlands, I absolutely hate Heineken...

Pretty sure it's the most-produced beer in Spain. It's just a standard lager.

Disappointed by many of the results so far, but I assume most on here do prefer lager to other beers. The idea of a port barrel-aged saison really excites me, how they would keep it fresh tasting and the darkness of the port would cut right through that. Cruzcampo is nothing but a generic lager beer.

Archived