Things Americans Do

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Call themselves Nativists when they massacred most of them.

Aye, and those nativists themselves didn't massacre any other nativists beforehand. The history of the world was peace and love before Bad Whitey got in on it.

:lol:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, banana said:

Aye, and those nativists themselves didn't massacre any other nativists beforehand. The history of the world was peace and love before Bad Whitey got in on it.

:lol:

Aye, that's what the Nativists say. They saved them from killing each other by massacring  them and starving them to death. 

3 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

The Star-Spangled Banner, as national anthems go, is superb.

Yep, the rousing at the end is delightful.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, that's what the Nativists say. They saved them from killing each other by massacring  them and starving them to death. 

Will someone please think of the Nativists A, B and C, but not the Nativists D, E and F! :lol:

11 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Can vouch for that - took the Amtrak express from Washington to New York once. It's classed as one of their hyper-fast flagship services, and takes about five hours to go just over 200 miles.

Only plus point is you go through a bit of Delaware, which is one of those states no c**t visits.

There are more registered companies in Delaware than there are people!  Must be full of entrepreneurs starting from a very young age!

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Clap at the cinema. 

Is this any worse than the fuckwits from this country that clap when their holiday jet lands, despite the fact the aircraft has probably landed itself?

3 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

Is this any worse than the fuckwits from this country that clap when their holiday jet lands, despite the fact the aircraft has probably landed itself?

Both are (really) bad. Clapping at the cinema is worse. 

20 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

When I went to Norway, some people applauded the bus driver!  It was a steep windy road granted, but steady on!

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Their national anthem doesn't come close to being as good as the French or Italian one.

I think God Defend New Zealand trumps the above.  However, Scotland will be world anthem champions when someone comes up with non-cringey lyrics for Highland Cathedral.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think God Defend New Zealand trumps the above.  However, Scotland will be world anthem champions when someone comes up with non-cringey lyrics for Highland Cathedral.

God Save the Queen would be the most dreary one if it wasn't trumped by the utter cringeworthyness (I know it's not an accepted word yet) of Flower of Scotland. Does Scotland have an official anthem? My favourite it the French, without having examined the lyrics too much.

Archived