Things Americans Do

34 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Have you ever been on a train in America?  Awful.  Even worse than Scotrail!

I went from Washington to Savannah, took forever because freight had priority and it kept having to pull into sidings to let them past.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Amtraked all over the Murca, you don't take it to get somewhere quickly. Settle in, switch off, enjoy the ride, watch the world go by, hammer into a book, meet some folk, snooze on and off. The trains/journeys through the middle of the country are fab.

I took a sleeper from Washington DC to Chicago.  No sleep whatsoever.  A lot of level crossings have no barriers - so the train driver had to keep blowing the whistle every ten seconds.

Nice scenery though.

Definitely, definitely went to the moon. Just can’t be bothered going back. Already been. Aye they have been. Could go again if they want. And you wouldn’t ken her anyway she stays up their grans bit. Right!?

28 minutes ago, nsr said:

Be patriotic to the point of insanity, worship their military like gods, and think capitalism produces a fair society.

^^^resentful of success

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Call themselves Nativists when they massacred most of them.

They should either genuinely apologise and make amends or genuinely confess they don't give a toss.

13 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Post in the comments section of articles about football (soccer) about how boring/much of a wuss sport they think football (soccer) is. 

Tell you  how boring 'sawker' is, while having baseball as their national sport.

Declare themselves 'World champions' after winning a domestic league. 

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As a football and baseball fan im not having that :P
But the World series thing does annoy me, there are cuban teams who’d win it every year if they could.

Are there not some big Japanese teams too?  Do they get to enter?

I like American football and I can stomach basketball but baseball is so incredibly boring to me. Right up there with golf. I'd watch 3 cricket matches to one baseball match.

Are there not some big Japanese teams too?  Do they get to enter?

Nah its very much just the American teams plus the Bluejays. It is absolutely mental but it just kinda highlights the previously referred to superiority complex.
The japanese and korean teams are alright but if there was a proper world cup type competition the cubans would romp it, winning 3/5 gold medals at the olympics. America has only ever won it once. I suppose what the MLB does is attract the best players so in a way they probably are the best club teams in the world (even then i’d still love to see a match between the world series winners and the best in cuba where there are players unwilling to defect and go pro who apparently would be even better than the best in the MLB (they get paid less than $100 a month and thats considered excessive)).

Archived