Things Americans Do

14 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Worship the military but be utterly convinced that the FBI and the CIA  are out to get them...

And whose military are not allowed bullets unless on operations in a war zone even inside a base, but demand that civilians be free to carry assault rifles with huge magazines of bullets down Main Street.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And whose military are not allowed bullets unless on operations in a war zone even inside a base, but demand that civilians be free to carry assault rifles with huge magazines of bullets down Main Street.

That's not right, or at least never used to be. They have always been pretty well armed, even with bullets in the Yank bases I've been, even in the good ol' US of A. 

Sorry for derailing the thread though. :oops

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Biscuits and ‘gravy’ (its not fuckin gravy) are bogging but see the biscuits on their own with a wee bit of strawberry jam, excellent.

They aint fuckin biscuits either

11 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

That's not right, or at least never used to be. They have always been pretty well armed, even with bullets in the Yank bases I've been, even in the good ol' US of A. 

Sorry for derailing the thread though. :oops

Always grateful for corrections from people who know what they're talking about. :) Doubt if they're allowed go outside a military base in America armed up though.

Always grateful for corrections from people who know what they're talking about. [emoji4] Doubt if they're allowed go outside a military base in America armed up though.

Im pretty sure I’ve seen soldiers deployed in New York, at grand central station on security duty. Dont know if they were national guard or not though.

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im pretty sure I’ve seen soldiers deployed in New York, at grand central station on security duty. Dont know if they were national guard or not though.

My glib claim is rightfully being taken apart here. My point was that serving military and fully trained personnel are under far more restrictions on carrying ammunition than your average Trump voter.

Wear EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND ; REYKJAVIK, ICELAND ; PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC ; DUBLIN, IRELAND (or even better BELFAST, IRELAND - just to show they are Irish-American) hoodies/tops when traveling back to the States from 'Europe'. 

Believe almost everything you tell them about Scotland, and then ask if you know their great ancestors the MacPherson clan of Loch Ness.

Tell you to have a 'great day' in a very patrionising way which makes oddballs like me wonder if its some form of reverse psychology and they wish a bad day due to their unconvincing tone in saying it.

Most I've met are sound  TBH, give me an over-enthusiastic if even a bit insincere Yank over a loud mouth OI OI Guvnor from England. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
Everything better than the UK.

Certainly not their Health Service. I'd expect the NHS is one of if not the best Health Service in the world.

Free health care no. I wasn't being totally serious.

America does lots of thing really well though. 

Free health care no. I wasn't being totally serious.
America does lots of thing really well though. 
I was aware you weren't being completely serious. I just used it as an excuse to complement our wonderful NHS :D

40 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

My glib claim is rightfully being taken apart here. My point was that serving military and fully trained personnel are under far more restrictions on carrying ammunition than your average Trump voter.

You raise an interesting point, would they have to return their GI hardware when leaving the base to go to their pick up (:P) and strap on their personal armoury when leaving the base.

Me and a mate had a fascinating/scary interaction with a taxi driver taking us to a titty bar in the middle of nowhere at 2 in the morning.  When he found out we were in the forces he was happy to show us the 3 hand guns he kept in his taxi. :o We politely declined and tried to steer the conversation back to titty bars. 

Archived