Cambuslang Rangers 2018-19

thelangonline

10 hours ago, iceicebaby said:

Who was it cambuslang tried to snatch from ek for pennies then?

11 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Have they been replaced like for like? Seems a fair dent in the squad tbh.

Love (Jordan had to play and wouldn’t have stayed) and Halsman (Jordan struggles to make training)were released . Both were great players for us last season and I’m sure will do well at Shotts. 

Barry Eley went to Albion Rovers - who are we to stand in his way? Boy has conducted himself magnificently and I hope everything goes great for him.

Dale was always going to go Glencairn been pretty much pre arranged is he is a close friend of George. No issue with that he gave us some great memories as did George. We wish him well.

Kris a bit different I think the fans will be disappointed he has gone especially being a local lad. Kris was offered another year but Glencairn came calling and offered him a better wage and a significant signing on fee which we couldn’t. He’s been a great player for us especially 2 seasons ago and was ok last season before he fell out of the team a bit toward the end of the season but we wish him well in his new adventure.

Git some very good replacements and still looking for a few more.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gebbie didn't get a signing on fee to be honest and the wage he got offered was a lot less than what camby offered.

no gonna get into a big debate about it as we know one thing and yous will say another so we will leave it at that. The boy wanted a fresh challenge and were lucky to have him.

cambuslang are the benchmark. Glens need to try get where they are. All the best for the season.

2 hours ago, George fotheringham said:

Gebbie didn't get a signing on fee to be honest and the wage he got offered was a lot less than what camby offered.

no gonna get into a big debate about it as we know one thing and yous will say another so we will leave it at that. The boy wanted a fresh challenge and were lucky to have him.

cambuslang are the benchmark. Glens need to try get where they are. All the best for the season.

Welcome to Pie and Bovril George. I presume young Derek never got 1 either haha. All the best for the season Geo. 

7 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Love (Jordan had to play and wouldn’t have stayed) and Halsman (Jordan struggles to make training)were released . Both were great players for us last season and I’m sure will do well at Shotts. 

Barry Eley went to Albion Rovers - who are we to stand in his way? Boy has conducted himself magnificently and I hope everything goes great for him.

Dale was always going to go Glencairn been pretty much pre arranged is he is a close friend of George. No issue with that he gave us some great memories as did George. We wish him well.

Kris a bit different I think the fans will be disappointed he has gone especially being a local lad. Kris was offered another year but Glencairn came calling and offered him a better wage and a significant signing on fee which we couldn’t. He’s been a great player for us especially 2 seasons ago and was ok last season before he fell out of the team a bit toward the end of the season but we wish him well in his new adventure.

Git some very good replacements and still looking for a few more.

Where has Smith went?  That's a great move for Eley but can't say was overlay impressed when seen him last season at times, maybe an off day! Anytime I seen Camby last year I felt Green needed help in middle of the park, an added bite and dig.

33 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Where has Smith went?  That's a great move for Eley but can't say was overlay impressed when seen him last season at times, maybe an off day! Anytime I seen Camby last year I felt Green needed help in middle of the park, an added bite and dig.

Not sure where Chris has went to be honest . It’s all about opinions but personally I think Barry is a top player and I believe he will kick on and do well.  We have a few good options in there and 1 more to come.

34 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

1 hour ago, dk81130 said:

Welcome to Pie and Bovril George. I presume young Derek never got 1 either haha. All the best for the season Geo. 

To be fair Del Esplin said camby offered the best deal out of the 4 top league teams but opted for the less money of glencairn.

good luck at the top chairman glad to see camby back at the top where they belong. You will take them on to bigger and better things 

3 hours ago, dk81130 said:

Not sure where Chris has went to be honest . It’s all about opinions but personally I think Barry is a top player and I believe he will kick on and do well.  We have a few good options in there and 1 more to come.

Yeh mate like said he was maybe having an off day. The lad Staunton is quality, strolls through games and the big tall lad beside him came onto some game in later part of season, won everything in air games I saw and does simple things very well.

Great to see Camby back at the top, no doubt a tough season ahead but can hold their own.

Any pre season games confirmed?

Yeh mate like said he was maybe having an off day. The lad Staunton is quality, strolls through games and the big tall lad beside him came onto some game in later part of season, won everything in air games I saw and does simple things very well.

Great to see Camby back at the top, no doubt a tough season ahead but can hold their own.

Any pre season games confirmed?

Was supposed to be Irvine Vic's on 14th July but that's been scrapped. As soon as any announced I will post here.

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 07:57, dk81130 said:

Calum Mclean

Surely if he is only at Ek Thistle then he will be signed on an amateur contract and can request to be released by himself. Thistle asking for 2k for a player signed on amateur terms getting no money is an absolute joke.

Surely if he is only at Ek Thistle then he will be signed on an amateur contract and can request to be released by himself. Thistle asking for 2k for a player signed on amateur terms getting no money is an absolute joke.

It doesn’t matter if he’s an amateur or not if he’s a signed player he can’t go anywhere, if he’s on an amateur form he can leave if he gives the club notice, but he can’t sign for another junior club that season

1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

It doesn’t matter if he’s an amateur or not if he’s a signed player he can’t go anywhere, if he’s on an amateur form he can leave if he gives the club notice, but he can’t sign for another junior club that season

Cheers for clarifying. I didn't realise they couldn't sign for another junior club.

36 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

Cheers for clarifying. I didn't realise they couldn't sign for another junior club.

EK are well within there rights to ask for a set amount. CRFC thought it was too high and we have moved on. No I’ll feeling and I wish patsy all the best for the coming season. 

2 hours ago, dk81130 said:

EK are well within there rights to ask for a set amount. CRFC thought it was too high and we have moved on. No I’ll feeling and I wish patsy all the best for the coming season. 

There seems to be some ill feeling between some folk at both clubs going by social media and newspaper interviews. I just think its a shame on a boy whos signed as an amateur but has the opportunity for some extra cash and a crack at the big league. The valuation of the player in my opinion is ridiculous. Being within your rights of something and being morally right are two different things. As you said cambuslang have moved on now which is a real shame for the player in question.

31 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

There seems to be some ill feeling between some folk at both clubs going by social media and newspaper interviews. I just think its a shame on a boy whos signed as an amateur but has the opportunity for some extra cash and a crack at the big league. The valuation of the player in my opinion is ridiculous. Being within your rights of something and being morally right are two different things. As you said cambuslang have moved on now which is a real shame for the player in question.

No I’ll feeling from our side anyway mate . 

Getting a chance to comment again. Disappointed no Vics friendly this year but when will we know what friendlies we have. Also be missing meeting our reserve team in the sectional but you never know they might finally get promoted this season!

1 hour ago, lang said:

Getting a chance to comment again. Disappointed no Vics friendly this year but when will we know what friendlies we have. Also be missing meeting our reserve team in the sectional but you never know they might finally get promoted this season!

Hi Lang. We have made several changes . All of which I’m sure will be for the best interests of the club now and In the future. We have been waiting to find out league cup fixtures . Home friendly v shotts July 21st and will be a midweek 1 at home on the 18th tbc .

Good to know that the Responsible Adult Reading and Writing class is helping with your posts.

Archived