Jump to content

West Region League 2 2018/19


Hong Kong Phooey
 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought the vale goalie was very unlucky with his sending off today. He went to kick the ball after the penalty was scored and I don't think he seen young scott trying to retrieve the ball. Very harsh I thought and he had a couple of excellent saves too.  As far as no 10 was concerned he was taken off before he was sent off.  Also our defence without big falconer is very shaky.  He's a big miss when not playing.  Offensively we are dangerous however we need to tighten up at the back especially for next season.


The only person who thought it was a sending off was the ref. 10 just wanted to fight with everybody. We are definitely missing Scotty and Stevie Clark. Good to halve Reggie back tho.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, yoyopack said:

Lovely finish vale 3rd goal. As predicted muirkirk have bottled it 

Was an excellent finish. As was the composure shown by the young 16 year old boy Lenny who came of the bench. Not sure Kirk bottled it more likely ran out of steam, injuries to players like Steedman and McVey really hurt the smaller squad in the closing stages. Really hope to keep the manager he’s been excellent since he came in 

Edited by Cherrypicka
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Cherrypicka said:

Was an excellent finish. As was the composure shown by the young 16 year old boy Lenny who came of the bench. Not sure Kirk bottled it more likely ran out of steam, injuries to players like Steedman and McVey really hurt the smaller squad in the closing stages. Really hope to keep the manager he’s been excellent since he came in 

He applied for the wishaw job whilst at muirkirk. Looking for a move I believe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will Lanark do their neighbours, Carluke a favour on Saturday by beating Vale of Clyde and putting them out the race for promotion, or will they have switched off and be thinking about lifting the champions trophy? Ashfield have 3rd just now and points on the board but will Carluke or Vale of Clyde overtake them? Been a great league this year, thanks to all involved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aaah didn’t realise Kieran had left Wishaw. According to you it’s now Irvine Vics, Larkhall, Ardrossan, Darvel, Ardeer, East Kilbride and now Wishaw. Looks like he’s looking to move then. I’m sure Kieran went to Wishaw a couple of weeks after our manager came in not many manager stay at a club for two weeks and leave again though. You seem to be a man in the know yo-yo finger in every pie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2019 at 09:26, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Will Lanark do their neighbours, Carluke a favour on Saturday by beating Vale of Clyde and putting them out the race for promotion, or will they have switched off and be thinking about lifting the champions trophy? Ashfield have 3rd just now and points on the board but will Carluke or Vale of Clyde overtake them? Been a great league this year, thanks to all involved.

I am hoping that the team look to maintain their excellent record of 1 loss and 2 draws, for their own sakes but which will potentially help Carluke.  I know a few have been carrying injuries and shouldn't have been playing but did, for obvious reasons so may not be risked.  Kerr, Watt and Hill will all be seeking to add to their impressive goal tally's for the season so there won't be a lack of effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A much better performance from Kirk tonight. Back to playing for each other and battling away. They’ve looked tired in recent weeks but much better tonight. Carluke should be a cracking game on Saturday, two games up there this season have been tight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great result from the Rovers today. Ironically Lanark unsurprisingly getting gubbed with Vale of Clyde doesn’t make any difference to Carluke because 5-0 against muirkirk today wipes out the goal difference with Vale and Carluke just need to win next week against Annbank to go up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fitbawellfan said:

Great result from the Rovers today. Ironically Lanark unsurprisingly getting gubbed with Vale of Clyde doesn’t make any difference to Carluke because 5-0 against muirkirk today wipes out the goal difference with Vale and Carluke just need to win next week against Annbank to go up. 

Unsurprisingly?!  Wait until you see the highlights. A very dubious handball outside the box given as a penalty and I am told the injury time winner was offside. It was not for the want of effort and I haven't heard anyone say they don't want Carluke promoted with us and The Gow.

I can assure you the players and management were gutted at losing a 2nd league game of the season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, lokforever said:

I t was in the box.

23h9i7a.jpg

 

29 minutes ago, lokforever said:

I t was in the box.

23h9i7a.jpg

I was way down at the other end and so had no clue what happened. The guys over that side were adamant that it was well  outside the box but your photo shows it was well inside.  I shall put the right!

I'll be interested in what you captured down at your end when we had the goal chalked off for interference. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...