West Region League 2 2018/19

8 hours ago, bc57 said:

Never. We missed about 10 penalties earlier in the season by Lewis Hill has only missed one ( I think) and scored a pile including 3 in one game otherwise our keeper would have had to be on the list to try his hand.

St Ant's are always difficult opponents so another good win for you.  

I was concerned going into today's game with Thorniewood desperately needing a win and us without 2 of our best performers. However, despite how poorly we played we dug out yet another victory. We have not had a single straightforward victory for months, which is a great testament to the fighting qualities of our team.

Yes st ants started quite well , they had a tricky left winger who was lively but we were only behind for about 5 mins before we equalised.  Once we went in front we were never In any danger of dropping points in my opinion.  And your ex player jarvie came on once again from the bench and scored. That's 5 goals in 4 games from the big man.  

10 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

Yes st ants started quite well , they had a tricky left winger who was lively but we were only behind for about 5 mins before we equalised.  Once we went in front we were never In any danger of dropping points in my opinion.  And your ex player jarvie came on once again from the bench and scored. That's 5 goals in 4 games from the big man.  

A bad decision by Forth to not utilise him well enough as he is the fox in the box.

48 minutes ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Moment of madness but my understanding is that should have been a drop ball and not a free kick?

Laws of the game 03 Players

Rule 7. Extra persons on the field of play
The coach and other officials named on the team list (with the exception of players or substitutes) are team officials.

Anyone not named on the team list as a player, substitute or team official is an outside agent.
If a team official, substitute, substituted or sent off player or outside agent enters the field of play the referee must:

only stop play if there is interference with play

• have the person removed when play stops

• take appropriate disciplinary action

If play is stopped and the interference was by:

a team official, substitute, substituted or sent off player, play restarts with a direct free kick or penalty kick

• an outside agent, play restarts with a dropped ball

2 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Laws of the game 03 Players

Rule 7. Extra persons on the field of play
The coach and other officials named on the team list (with the exception of players or substitutes) are team officials.

Anyone not named on the team list as a player, substitute or team official is an outside agent.
If a team official, substitute, substituted or sent off player or outside agent enters the field of play the referee must:

only stop play if there is interference with play

• have the person removed when play stops

• take appropriate disciplinary action

If play is stopped and the interference was by:

a team official, substitute, substituted or sent off player, play restarts with a direct free kick or penalty kick

• an outside agent, play restarts with a dropped ball

Cheers Kennie! 

Crazy decision, some connection right enough, dissapointing for the players when you need calm heads around you he has just lost it. As even a point against the leaders would have been a good result albeit from a late winning position. Might be the bottom league but twist and turns everywhere and also drama making it a really good league to follow.

5 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Wtf is the clown on the sideline doing to cause the winner ? He should be destroyed for that.

Would only have been a throw in!  3rd goal clearly well offside, which, tbf, I was unaware of at the time.

13 hours ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Look again? This was immediately after the pass and for me he’s still onside at this point.

F498D980-9AD1-4DDD-A21B-BB94AC755EC9.jpeg

I have watched it again and I have to concur with your observation. Good spot.

On 30/03/2019 at 19:37, Gowlad said:

Even though we won 5-1 personally for me it was a bit of a sickener to find out lanark had won the match so late in the day after losing 3-2 with about 5 mins to go. However these are the type of scenarios that win leagues so well done.  Still plenty of football to be played so there is time for lanark (or the gow) to slip up.  Again well done and if lanark win I'll be one of the first to congratulate you bc.  Also have you ever heard of this scenario before bc?  We were up 2-1 (after trailing 1-0) and we were awarded a penalty, and our keeper sandy Thomson stepped up to take it and he scored.

Evenly matched 1st half, rued a couple of good missed chances.  Gow keeper was lucky to escape a red early in the first after a deliberate kick out on our forward.  Funny enough it was his 2nd PK against us, think he scored from the spot for Wishaw a few years back.

3rd goal well deserved No15 caused havoc on our right side when he came on.  2nd Penalty was a ridiculous decision and subsequent red for one of our CBs was just as bad, killed any chance of an Ants comeback.

Gow good value in the 2nd half for the points although 5-1 was a bit harsh on our guys.