West Region League 2 2018/19

30 minutes ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Congratulations to Lanark, still to play them this season but with that run of results completely  deserved to be where they are.

Excellent result for your team mate.  I fancied Ashfield today.

2 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

Excellent result for your team mate.  I fancied Ashfield today.

Cheers, we’ve been playing really well, hoping to sneak up on a few teams above us. Ashfield 3 weeks ago are the first game we’ve lost since the Gow way back in October 

Just now, kevinmuirhead said:

Cheers, we’ve been playing really well, hoping to sneak up on a few teams above us. Ashfield 3 weeks ago are the first game we’ve lost since the Gow way back in October 

Hard to believe that's 5 months since we played you.  Looking forward to visiting Burnside park again.  All the best for the rest of the season ( apart from when you play the gow ) lol.

Muirkirk are not good enough to be promoted. They belong in league 2. That is their level

22 hours ago, Gowlad said:

You're quite correct bc.  It's a pig of a place to watch a game.  I have stated previously I hope carluke go up however it's not the best of venues to watch a game.  Congratulations on promotion.  Lanark can now take their foot off the gas and let the gow win the title.  Ha ha.

We still have Thorniewood away and Muirkirk to play home and away, both of whom can still go up so lots of potential slip ups to come.  Who knows?  As the saying goes, the league table never lies.

On 24/03/2019 at 19:02, kevinmuirhead said:

I thought he forgot his password as he stopped stalking me for a while...

The team is simply not good enough for a higher level. I have witnessed this manager in action. I shall revisit this thread at the end of the season when Muirkirk will be remaining in the same league. 

2 hours ago, yoyopack said:

The team is simply not good enough for a higher level. I have witnessed this manager in action. I shall revisit this thread at the end of the season when Muirkirk will be remaining in the same league. 

Not sure what manager you’ve seen in action but he’s streets ahead of you George. In fact he’s managed more points already this season than you managed in 3 seasons. Shame your so bitter as I quite like you when you were at burnside but I ken it must be hard to swallow. 

13 hours ago, Cherrypicka said:

Not sure what manager you’ve seen in action but he’s streets ahead of you George. In fact he’s managed more points already this season than you managed in 3 seasons. Shame your so bitter as I quite like you when you were at burnside but I ken it must be hard to swallow. 

I am aware of the fact that George has managed to take a few teams out of leagues but I would question what exactly has your manager achieved. I think the answer is nothing and come the end of the season it will still be nothing

old friend of George yes and I would imagine hes enjoying the break 

11 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

8 teams still fighting for 2 remaining promotion spots and 2 to go up as champions. Will there be a twist or 2 in the run in.

Still chasing

It's certainly going to be a fascinating end to the season.  Every week I keep changing my mind about who will go up with ourselves and lanark.  As far as winning the league goes we keep responding to lanarks results.  I hope I'm wrong in saying our 2 home draws from winning positions doesn't come back to haunt us, however we have still had an amazing league campaign as well as our run to the cup final against Talbot.