West Region League 2 2018/19

10 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Lanark have it in their hands after some great results. 10 games to go so let’s see what happens. 

Agreed.  Main thing is at least two South Lanarkshire teams in first division next year which is no mean feat!  Good luck for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, yowe6 said:

Agreed.  Main thing is at least two South Lanarkshire teams in first division next year which is no mean feat!  Good luck for the rest of the season.

Add the Albert into that as well.  What a season they have had.

3 hours ago, yowe6 said:

Indeed.

Potential South lanarkshire teams in division 1 next season gow lanark carluke royal Albert blantyre east kilbride and larkhall thistle plus a couple of North lanarkshire teams in bellshill and wishaw. So potentially a few local derbies next season.  

Lesmahagow 3-1 annbank ft. Gow missed a few chances. Annbank went down to 10 men at 2-0 and to their credit battled away and got a goal back until jarvie scored the third goal to seal the points. Wouldn't say annbank created a lot of chances but certainly not the worst team I've seen at craighead this season.

48 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

Lesmahagow 3-1 annbank ft. Gow missed a few chances. Annbank went down to 10 men at 2-0 and to their credit battled away and got a goal back until jarvie scored the third goal to seal the points. Wouldn't say annbank created a lot of chances but certainly not the worst team I've seen at craighead this season.

Thanks for the comments! We threw the team together at the last minute(last night we had 8 players)

Matty the boy that got sent off is a goalie and the sub we brought on was the manager as we had no one else 

I thought the boys have a great account of themselves away to one of the strongest teams in the league 

Lanark 3 Newmains 0

Game very much affected by the windy conditions. First half was awful. Lanark's first goal not scored until the hour mark.  Newmains never looked like scoring. Good to be able to give so many teenagers a run out today.

1 minute ago, daza93 said:

Thanks for the comments! We threw the team together at the last minute(last night we had 8 players)

Matty the boy that got sent off is a goalie and the sub we brought on was the manager as we had no one else 

I thought the boys have a great account of themselves away to one of the strongest teams in the league 

Your team can certainly be pleased with their effort today. When annbank scored the home fans were a bit nervy till we scored the 3rd goal.  It was an excellent free kick into the box and well taken header from the lad. All the best for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 3 Newmains 0

Game very much affected by the windy conditions. First half was awful. Lanark's first goal not scored until the hour mark.  Newmains never looked like scoring. Good to be able to give so many teenagers a run out today.

Looks like the title race is going down to the wire bc.

12 minutes ago, daza93 said:

We have had 2 hard games against Annbank this season. Surprised at your league position. 

Excellent result for Carluke today.  The Gow and Lanark have also had some good results against teams from higher divisions this season.  Says something about the standard of our division.  Troon for us next!

15 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Next weekend will be interesting - Gow at Ashfield and Carluke at VoL

Yes hard game for us at Ashfield. We beat them 2-0 At home however it was a really hard game that day. We had to really grind out that result against them.  Maybe a good time to catch troon bc after a disappointing junior cup result for them today.

1 hour ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

We have had 2 hard games against Annbank this season. Surprised at your league position. 

Yeah we gave you two right good games both which could have swung either way

Unfortunetly just one of they seasons, young boys never lost a game last season with the 19s and have learnt the hard way that they cannot make silly mistakes at this level! We supplement the squad with experience brining in players from the league above etc and of course it is our managers first management job at this level so hopefully just a big learning curve to be built apon next season

Despite the weather I loved my first visit to Ardeer yesterday.  The square sausage rolls were excellent - I had two!

Some farcical refereeing decisions for both teams yesterday, including the sending off of our keeper after 20 mins! He soon evened things up 10 minutes later with an equally bad sending off.

Championship still ours to lose.