West Region League 2 2018/19

24 minutes ago, dagane said:

Muirkirk v vale of leven

1st half vol Looked the better team , made more chances ,kirk goalie was excellent only time he was beaten defender made an excellent goal line clearance ,voc keeper made a cracking save from a corner just before ht

Second half voc took the lead from a pen (fair enough imo)

Muirkirk equaliser was quality ,a mazy from the no 2 n a cracking finish

Winner came from a voc blooper Ch ducked under the ball and let the cf run on and finish it

Ref got a most of it right ,and was a really enjoyable fiver

Fiver for watching 3 teams play ? Good value that. :whistle

• 2 weeks later...

VoL 3 Lanark 4

13th straight league win for us but we played poorly. 

1 down on 8 mins but equalised inside a minute.  Went 2-1 up, lost an equaliser and then lost a 3rd straight after the classic 20 man Junior stramash which resulted in a red for each team.

Having gone down 2 9 men after a stupid 2nd yellow for James Martin we equalised and then went on to score the winner on 85 mins.

Pitch in great nick, considering the conditions and the pie was good too.

2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

It’s windy on a good day up there. Terrible place for a game of football. Worst ground in the league for me. 

Looking forward to next weekend. 

Well documented that I hate watching games on artificial surfaces. Worse up at Carluke due to it being so high and with the running track around it and all the goal nets dotted around.  Great facility for the local community however.

Yes, 16th will be interesting regardless of what happens this weekend. Please introduce yourself - I always stand on the far side at whatever end Lanark are shooting into.

12 hours ago, bc57 said:

Well documented that I hate watching games on artificial surfaces. Worse up at Carluke due to it being so high and with the running track around it and all the goal nets dotted around.  Great facility for the local community however.

Yes, 16th will be interesting regardless of what happens this weekend. Please introduce yourself - I always stand on the far side at whatever end Lanark are shooting into.

Will do mate. Unless it’s pissing with rain I will be behind The Gow dug out for the game and at the pie stall at half time. Haha.

Might be at Carluke if this weather is as bad they say it’s going to be and puts our game off. 

Good luck 

8 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Will do mate. Unless it’s pissing with rain I will be behind The Gow dug out for the game and at the pie stall at half time. Haha.

Might be at Carluke if this weather is as bad they say it’s going to be and puts our game off. 

Good luck 

If yours is off then ours may well be due to the wind. Was at Carluke station earlier and it was blowing a gale. The ball won't be still for dead balls. I believe that games have had to be put off previously due to the wind up there.

We shall see.

20 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Carluke and Saltcoats are the only 2 grounds that survived storm eric. 

Hows the wind at Carluke ? 

Bad enough down here in Lanark. I hope it doesn't get farcical. Too important a fixture.

48 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Carluke 0 Lanark 1

Terrible game.  Both teams toothless up front although Chucky took his usual goal well. 

Felt Carluke deserved at least a draw from the game and were the better team. 

Horrible place to watch a game of footballl. 

A game to be endured rather than enjoyed.  Goal was one of the few highlights. Both keepers had an excellent save and we had one saved off the line. Very much missed our star man Shug Kelly.

14 consecutive league wins is a record to be proud of.

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

A game to be endured rather than enjoyed.  Goal was one of the few highlights. Both keepers had an excellent save and we had one saved off the line. Very much missed our star man Shug Kelly.

14 consecutive league wins is a record to be proud of.

Looking forward to the game next week. 

Were you in in the group of 6 at the far end from the enclosure? Must have been cold over there.