West Region League 2 2018/19

21 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

St Ants 0 The Gow 1. Should have been more but The Gow missed too many chances including 2 missed penalties. 

Think Lesmahagow managed 2 shots on target, one was a penalty.  Ants dominated the first half after the goal, lacked a cutting edge in the 2nd.

Gow played better in the 2nd half, can remember 1 clear chance in the 2nd when the 9 knocked the ball wide and of course 2 missed pk's.   All about opinions I suppose.

20 hours ago, clickclick said:

Think Lesmahagow managed 2 shots on target, one was a penalty.  Ants dominated the first half after the goal, lacked a cutting edge in the 2nd.

Gow played better in the 2nd half, can remember 1 clear chance in the 2nd when the 9 knocked the ball wide and of course 2 missed pk's.   All about opinions I suppose.

Number 9 (Clarke) was through on goal 3 times and never finished. I thought it would have been a disaster if The Gow didn’t take all 3 points. Was expecting more from the bookies favourites.

all about opinions  

Number 9 (Clarke) was through on goal 3 times and never finished. I thought it would have been a disaster if The Gow didn’t take all 3 points. Was expecting more from the bookies favourites.

all about opinions  
Have no clue why we were bookies favourites to be honest. Pretty much a whole new team with only 4 or 5 of last years squad remaining. Almost guaranteed to have the smallest budget as well. Cant comment on the game on Sat as wasnt there but we move on to Ashfield on Weds night

The Gow v Lanark

Good local derby tonight where the referee tried his hardest to ruin the game. Lanark should have been out of sight but the first half ended only 0.1 

Lanark tired in the second half and The Gow powered to a 2.1 lead. 

Game ended 2.2 and I don’t think both teams will complain apart from the terrible refereeing. 

2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

The Gow v Lanark

Good local derby tonight where the referee tried his hardest to ruin the game. Lanark should have been out of sight but the first half ended only 0.1 

Lanark tired in the second half and The Gow powered to a 2.1 lead. 

Game ended 2.2 and I don’t think both teams will complain apart from the terrible refereeing. 

Agreed. Only one team in it first half. We missed so many chances and had such hard lines when Shug Kerr hit the inside of the post after a great run.  Lanark reverted to type 2nd half.

Two howlers and one superb save from The Cat tonight.

Watt and Falconer sent off for fighting after the full time whistle.

10 hours ago, bc57 said:

Agreed. Only one team in it first half. We missed so many chances and had such hard lines when Shug Kerr hit the inside of the post after a great run.  Lanark reverted to type 2nd half.

Two howlers and one superb save from The Cat tonight.

Watt and Falconer sent off for fighting after the full time whistle.

Never seen the start of the sending offs, just the 2 off them coming together at the end, as I imagine the ref seen too due to where it happened (yet he still gave both red cards). Rumour has it that Watt stood on Falconers foot to start the rammy. 

Looking forward to the return match already. 

On 8/7/2018 at 16:59, Stants1902 said:
On 8/6/2018 at 11:14, Hong Kong Phooey said:

all about opinions  

Have no clue why we were bookies favourites to be honest. Pretty much a whole new team with only 4 or 5 of last years squad remaining. Almost guaranteed to have the smallest budget as well. Cant comment on the game on Sat as wasnt there but we move on to Ashfield on Weds night

Yep, no doubt the strangest decision I've seen from the Bookies so far.

Particularly, if info is accurate, that some clubs have spent 5 figures on assembling a squad!

Nobody in this league would spend that type of money. Surely not. 

I know the gow where offering some generous deals to players and went on a very big recruitment drive

whether this is the team that’s been referred to I’m not sure and I’d doubt it’d be as much as 5 figures

1 hour ago, LT1878 said:

I know the gow where offering some generous deals to players and went on a very big recruitment drive

whether this is the team that’s been referred to I’m not sure and I’d doubt it’d be as much as 5 figures

5 figures ??? Haha. Heard we did recoup a good bit with the players that signed from  larkhall then went to Authurlie before the season started. 

We haven’t spent money for a few years and tried to go with youth and amateur players, hence us dropping down 2 leagues. 

9 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Never seen the start of the sending offs, just the 2 off them coming together at the end, as I imagine the ref seen too due to where it happened (yet he still gave both red cards). Rumour has it that Watt stood on Falconers foot to start the rammy. 

Looking forward to the return match already. 

I believe the ref didn't actually see what happened and said as much but seems to have known something had kicked off, which to be fair had.  Can't be many players in your team that didn't get a yellow last night!

13 hours ago, bc57 said:

I believe the ref didn't actually see what happened and said as much but seems to have known something had kicked off, which to be fair had.  Can't be many players in your team that didn't get a yellow last night!

He didn’t see a lot that happened and booked a few with guess work. 

Enjoyed the game tho. 

On 06/08/2018 at 09:50, LT1878 said:

Just had a look at Wednesdays fixtures in this league, it seems a bit crazy sending Ayrshire teams up this way and vice versa so early in the season.

I just posted similar on the Just the Juniors thread. They are interviewing the match secretary and asked for questions. It is ridiculous in midweek

Edited by DanMan