West Region League 2 2018/19

On 21/04/2019 at 11:54, Gowlad said:

I keep saying Ashfield I think they'll do it.

Ball very much in Carluke's court. If they win all 3 games, they come up with The Gow and us on 52 points.  

A win for Ashfield tomorrow takes them to 51 and knocks the others out of contention. 

Forth 2 Lanark 3

Scoreline makes it look tighter than it was for most of the game. Lanark 0-3 up on 65 mins when Forth keeper went off injured. We never tested the stand in once thereafter and lost 2 cheap goals in the final 7 minutes.

2 points needed from the final 2 games starting at Muirkirk on Wednesday after their surprise 5-2 loss at Annbank.

Forth attempted to bring on a sub keeper (coach?) who was not on the team lines. Fortunately pointed out as I presume that could have cost Forth for fielding an ineligible player?

Edited by bc57
Incomplete post

23 hours ago, bc57 said:

Ball very much in Carluke's court. If they win all 3 games, they come up with The Gow and us on 52 points.  

A win for Ashfield tomorrow takes them to 51 and knocks the others out of contention. 

Ashfield would seem to have blown promotion losing at VoC who are very much in the mix with VoL and Carluke.

If Lanark don't win on Wednesday at Muirkirk our final game on the 10th v VoC will be VERY interesting.

It’s ok, he’s waited almost two years to put Muirkirk down. He’s right, performance was awful today. Embarrassing was probably the time he was beaten 16-0 not a 5-2 defeat. 

Our promotion hopes ended today but we’ve achieve more league points this season than any Muirkirk manager has achieved since 1985. Beating last season record, set by oh me!

enjoy your gloating. 

There he is. Go away George your making an absolute fool of yourself. The job Kevin has done in turning the train wreck you left into a very good footballing team has been excellent. 

Yes today was poor but I think you’ll have to travel a long way to say Muirkirk are embarrassing now, not since you departed anyway.

I myself, along with the rest of the supporters and committee couldn’t be happier with the way the team are just now. Hardest part will be stopping much bigger clubs tempting Kevin away.

How many aliases can 1 man have ???  Kevin , I would not get involved in a tit for tat with this balloon. Everyone can see what’s going on at the club. Bad day at the office today , however overall things are in a better place than they’ve been for a while. 

18 minutes ago, kevinmuirhead said:

It’s ok, he’s waited almost two years to put Muirkirk down. He’s right, performance was awful today. Embarrassing was probably the time he was beaten 16-0 not a 5-2 defeat. 

Our promotion hopes ended today but we’ve achieve more league points this season than any Muirkirk manager has achieved since 1985. Beating last season record, set by oh me!

enjoy your gloating. 

I will admit I am a previous connection of George but I can assure you I have not spoke to George since he gave the game up. I think you are beginning to sound very paranoid and I know you are angry but it’s okay you are just not good enough. 

In other news, you have found your level and you belong there. I think that it is all that needs to be said. 

Well done today to vale of clyde, defended superbly n looked a threat going the other way. Just didnt go our way today lacked that killer touch and even bit of luck infront of goal. No complaints though well done voc. still outside chance but looking extremely unlikely now for promotion.

However would just like to say overall has been a very positive season for the club with great work being done on and off the park. Maxi has came in and changed the whole mentality of the club as we had struggled over the years. We have one if not the youngest backroom staff in junior football and they will come back stronger and better. Thanks to everyone for there efforts both on the park and off it its been an eventful season and what will be will be and whoever wins the league and gets promoted will fully deserve it. I believe with the maxi, cairley and millsy in place we have individuals who will succeed and be top top managers and coaches.

The players are a great bunch of individuals and the committee members have been superb. Enjoy your break men because wont be long till we are back at it.

13 minutes ago, the candy said:

Well done today to vale of clyde, defended superbly n looked a threat going the other way. Just didnt go our way today lacked that killer touch and even bit of luck infront of goal. No complaints though well done voc. still outside chance but looking extremely unlikely now for promotion.

However would just like to say overall has been a very positive season for the club with great work being done on and off the park. Maxi has came in and changed the whole mentality of the club as we had struggled over the years. We have one if not the youngest backroom staff in junior football and they will come back stronger and better. Thanks to everyone for there efforts both on the park and off it its been an eventful season and what will be will be and whoever wins the league and gets promoted will fully deserve it. I believe with the maxi, cairley and millsy in place we have individuals who will succeed and be top top managers and coaches.

The players are a great bunch of individuals and the committee members have been superb. Enjoy your break men because wont be long till we are back at it.

Good comment Candy.  Wasn't to be for us today and fair play to VoC  whom I think may just surprise a few people and come from the back to take the other promotion spot.

enjoy your gloating. 

Just to be clear, I’m not this poster having a go at Muirkirk, I’ve enough going on in my life to worry about.

As for the thumping we took from Talbot, yes that was very hard to take, I wish you all the best as I enjoyed my time at Muirkirk. You should maybe have tried to contact me 1st to ask if this poster was me, before having a go at me.

Regards George

2 hours ago, Geordie Grierson said:

Just to be clear, I’m not this poster having a go at Muirkirk, I’ve enough going on in my life to worry about.

As for the thumping we took from Talbot, yes that was very hard to take, I wish you all the best as I enjoyed my time at Muirkirk. You should maybe have tried to contact me 1st to ask if this poster was me, before having a go at me.

Regards George

Maybe have a word with your ‘connection’ as he’s embarrassing you all over this site not just in this particular thread. 

34 minutes ago, Cherrypicka said:

Maybe have a word with your ‘connection’ as he’s embarrassing you all over this site not just in this particular thread. 

Don’t be so bitter. I am allowed to have an opinion. 

Enjoy league 2 next season. 

Regards George

Yesterday’s news.

Take up bowling.

On 28/04/2019 at 16:11, Geordie Grierson said:

Regards George

Having since spoken to George I’d like to apologise to him for my comments. In all my time involved with football I have never fallen out with anyone and don’t intend to start doing so now.

Sadly I let the combination of an online troll and emotion get the better of me and  made comments I now regret. For me football is about the bond with players, peers and supporters and I forgot that on Saturday.

I wish George all the best with his recovery and hope to see him back in the game he loves as soon as possible. 

For me it’s now about building for next season and another stab at League Two. 

Kevin 

11 hours ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Having since spoken to George I’d like to apologise to him for my comments. In all my time involved with football I have never fallen out with anyone and don’t intend to start doing so now.

Sadly I let the combination of an online troll and emotion get the better of me and  made comments I now regret. For me football is about the bond with players, peers and supporters and I forgot that on Saturday.

I wish George all the best with his recovery and hope to see him back in the game he loves as soon as possible. 

For me it’s now about building for next season and another stab at League Two. 

Kevin 

A troll?

im allowed an opinion.