Jump to content
Hong Kong Phooey

West Region League 2 2018/19

Recommended Posts

^^^ Interesting Stats however it assumes that the players and coaching staff live where they play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s happening at Annbank this coming season with the Ayr Utd link over?

Have they got a new management team in place and players coming in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What’s happening at Annbank this coming season with the Ayr Utd link over?
Have they got a new management team in place and players coming in?

Barry Ross Darvel no2 has taken over with Andy Boyd from their own 19s assisting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:


Barry Ross Darvel no2 has taken over with Andy Boyd from their own 19s assisting

Cheers, I think I know who they are. I think they were involved with a Calley boys club team for a number of years if its who I’m thinking of...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the day does it really make much of a difference at this level, as players are travelling from their homes and not on team buses? Players are spread all over and doesn’t cost clubs at this level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very much looking forward to visiting grounds that I have not been to previously and always enjoy watching a game at The Gow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

3 comfortable wins for The Gow in the league cup. Good prep for the season starting on Saturday. 

 

Hows your team shaping up? 

We have had 4 competitive games, winning 2 and losing 2, including one to yourselves. I have missed the 2 wins!  Losing our keeper Gareth Hallford was a blow but having a consistent striker like the wee lad Watt should make a difference.  Hoping Shug Kerr being back will also make a difference.  Who knows at this stage of the season?

Our downfall is drawing too many games. Hopefully the striker will help turn a few in our favour. Back to yours next midweek. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to everyone! Good to see a lot of you again after my exodus to Ayrshire! 

For me this is going to be a cracking League next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bc57 said:

We have had 4 competitive games, winning 2 and losing 2, including one to yourselves. I have missed the 2 wins!  Losing our keeper Gareth Hallford was a blow but having a consistent striker like the wee lad Watt should make a difference.  Hoping Shug Kerr being back will also make a difference.  Who knows at this stage of the season?

Our downfall is drawing too many games. Hopefully the striker will help turn a few in our favour. Back to yours next midweek. 

Watt certainly knows how to score against us. 

Hopefully you miss our next game then? :thumsup2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Watt certainly knows how to score against us. 

Hopefully you miss our next game then? :thumsup2

Nope, that is me now. Expect to be an ever present, home and away.

Btw - The Cat saved you on quite a few occasions last Saturday.  Life in that old dog yet, as long as he behaves. His stepson Scott has potential too. Good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Nope, that is me now. Expect to be an ever present, home and away.

Btw - The Cat saved you on quite a few occasions last Saturday.  Life in that old dog yet, as long as he behaves. His stepson Scott has potential too. Good signing.

 Both will do ok for us, although the keeper pulled up last night and may lose the jersey for a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

 Both will do ok for us, although the keeper pulled up last night and may lose the jersey for a while. 

In good shape for his age.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20 June 2018 at 14:32, Hong Kong Phooey said:

What’s the Ayrshire teams views of coming to the likes of Forth, Lanark, Carluke and The Gow as these will be the furthest away fixtures? 

Heard the Ardeer Thistle folk are none too happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all starts in earnest today at Carluke for us today, so would like to wish all the Teams all the best for the coming season and look forward to travelling to a couple of grounds that we haven`t played at for a number of years. 

 

DSC04488bbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Ants 0 The Gow 1. Should have been more but The Gow missed too many chances including 2 missed penalties. 

Edited by Hong Kong Phooey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LANARK 4 VoL 0

Excellent performance by Lanark today. Victory by a much bigger margin would not have flattered us. Hit woodwork 3 times and the Vale keeper had some excellent saves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×