West Region League 2 2018/19

1 hour ago, fitbawellfan said:

Great result from the Rovers today. Ironically Lanark unsurprisingly getting gubbed with Vale of Clyde doesn’t make any difference to Carluke because 5-0 against muirkirk today wipes out the goal difference with Vale and Carluke just need to win next week against Annbank to go up. 

At the end of the day there is no point in accusing other teams of not trying or lying down to other teams to prevent another opponent from gaining promotion.  As far as I'm concerned teams will gain reward on merit not because of 1 game in a season.

At the end of the day there is no point in accusing other teams of not trying or lying down to other teams to prevent another opponent from gaining promotion.  As far as I'm concerned teams will gain reward on merit not because of 1 game in a season.
Personally I think Lanark gave their best today & done enough to help Carluke by keeping it to the one goal difference, We had a great result which I wasn't expecting especially since we were missing half our first team but the boys that played were fantastic & Lafferty scoring all 5 will give him confidence going into a very tough match next Saturday against Annbank ,It won't be easy but it's in our hands & hopefully the guys play well & we get the win 🤞 .

Went along to Saltcoats yesterday afternoon. Was my first time there but was an enjoyable afternoon. Thought Vics competed well enough in the first half but were way off the pace in the second half. I was just wondering though, I noticed about half a dozen of the Vics starting XI and all of the bench were black and of African or Carribean descent. It was great to see but very unusual at this level where almost all of the players are white-Scottish. I was just wondering how this came about? Through the manager or maybe a company in the area?

The Vics manager was previously the manager of Afro Scots - an amateur team offering football to those who arrived in Scotland from an African country or from African descent. He brought in most of that team, unusual but most welcome and he’s a good guy into the bargain 

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Went along to Saltcoats yesterday afternoon. Was my first time there but was an enjoyable afternoon. Thought Vics competed well enough in the first half but were way off the pace in the second half. I was just wondering though, I noticed about half a dozen of the Vics starting XI and all of the bench were black and of African or Carribean descent. It was great to see but very unusual at this level where almost all of the players are white-Scottish. I was just wondering how this came about? Through the manager or maybe a company in the area?

When we played them down there earlier in the season I think there were only 2, maybe 3 local lads in the team.  We were told the majority came down from Glasgow where they had played together in a Sunday league.  Good bunch of lads and were fit as .... 

On 15/05/2019 at 23:06, bc57 said:

I think the only meaningful fixture in any division this weekend will be at Carluke. Might attract a few more neutrals. 

The lads were genuinely gutted at losing last weekend. However, still in your hands which is all anyone ever asks for. I hope you do it. Good luck

1 minute ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Carluke or VoC to grab the 3rd promotion place?

Carluke should win. Annbank got nothing to play for, got a distance to come so some may not even fancy it.  Carluke will be up for it but must keep their discipline and keep 11 men on the park.

Congrats  to carluke its hard one to lose out by one goal but deary deary me to lose out on promotion to a goal like that a dont know if a should laugh or cry   But its been a great season we go again next season .... good luck to lanark the gow and carluke in the league above