West Region League 2 2018/19

Well deserved win tonight. We missed a pile of chances but happy with a 0-2 victory which spares us a last day of nerves.

Thank you and well done to the committee, the management team and our players.  Only one league defeat all season, so far, plus two draws with The Gow.  Excellent consistency

Congrats to all at lanark great achievement and well deserved, league table never lies. Showed unbelievable consistency and that battling never say die attitude when werent quite at your best.

Congrats from all at ashfield hope you enjoy the party

9 hours ago, Stormrelic said:

Congratulations to Lanark on being crowned league champions from all the players & committee at Carluke .

We were saying last night that we hope you join us and The Gow.

21 hours ago, bc57 said:

Well deserved win tonight. We missed a pile of chances but happy with a 0-2 victory which spares us a last day of nerves.

Thank you and well done to the committee, the management team and our players.  Only one league defeat all season, so far, plus two draws with The Gow.  Excellent consistency

Well done pal.

In the unlikely event that VoL win 0-3 at The Gow today they would finish the season on same number of points, goals scored and conceded. How would the rules sort that one out if they both tie for 3rd place?  Head to head?

5 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Scrappy 5.4 victory for The Gow at home against Vale of Leven. Away team were 2 nil up in 5 minutes. Like our away game VoL get 2 sent off.

I thought the vale goalie was very unlucky with his sending off today. He went to kick the ball after the penalty was scored and I don't think he seen young scott trying to retrieve the ball. Very harsh I thought and he had a couple of excellent saves too.  As far as no 10 was concerned he was taken off before he was sent off.  Also our defence without big falconer is very shaky.  He's a big miss when not playing.  Offensively we are dangerous however we need to tighten up at the back especially for next season.

11 hours ago, bc57 said:

In the unlikely event that VoL win 0-3 at The Gow today they would finish the season on same number of points, goals scored and conceded. How would the rules sort that one out if they both tie for 3rd place?  Head to 

Should be an interesting match between lanark and voc.   The tin pail seem to have sprung from nowhere to seriously challenge.  Good luck to them especially as the gaffer is an ex gow player.

6 minutes ago, Gowlad said:

I thought the vale goalie was very unlucky with his sending off today. He went to kick the ball after the penalty was scored and I don't think he seen young scott trying to retrieve the ball. Very harsh I thought and he had a couple of excellent saves too.  As far as no 10 was concerned he was taken off before he was sent off.  Also our defence without big falconer is very shaky.  He's a big miss when not playing.  Offensively we are dangerous however we need to tighten up at the back especially for next season.

Where was Scott?

12 hours ago, bc57 said:

In the unlikely event that VoL win 0-3 at The Gow today they would finish the season on same number of points, goals scored and conceded. How would the rules sort that one out if they both tie for 3rd place?  Head to head?

Redundant question.

Now not completely in Carluke's hands. They must win both games, if VoC beat Lanark next weekend and  they must win by a margin in both games to overcome the goal difference.

Still a few if's buts and maybe's.  I am hoping Lanark see out their season in the style that they have played throughout with a home win. It will be up to others how 3rd place pans out but, we'll have helped our near neighbours in the process.

36 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Where was Scott?

Bc he's been out injured for a few weeks mate.  Not the only reason we lost against forth because on the night we were well beaten however we miss his strength and pace and it's no coincidence that the last 3 matches he's missed we have conceded 11 goals.