West Region League 2 2018/19

1 hour ago, kevinmuirhead said:

Will be doing all we can, but the same applies when Lanark come! Home record is decent, will need to very much improve on last weeks performance however...

We are in no doubt about that, hence the desire for you to get a result today.  

It is double edged - the more points you secure  the harder it will be for us when we visit. 

Bottom line is we all have to focus on ourselves and the rest will take care of itself.  For example, we must not allow ourselves to be complacent today and ensure we secure 3 points, regardless of the scoreline.

Just realised how many teams can still secure the 3rd spot.

Ashfield, VoL, VoC, Carluke and Muirkirk

Muirkirk can get the highest points total if they win all their games but have the poorest goal difference which could be worth a point. 

Fixture organisation not done Carluke any favours.  No league game for another 2 weeks and then 3 inside a week.

1 hour ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Great 3pts for The Gow away to a strong Muirkirk team. Jarvie just keeps scoring the goals with another 2 today. Think we need to practice our penalties tho.

Still chasing

Well done. That is an excellent result for you.

Our keeper was a no show today - no one knows why. Our captain had to go in goal plus wee Chucky was still suspended.  We won 8-0 and it should have been by a lot more but our first goal was against the run of play!

Hat off to Saltcoats, they kept trying. They are a decent bunch - no kicking or getting arsey although one of their young lads got 2  soft yellows and then another red for mouthing at the ref to leave his team to play with 10 for 30 minutes.

7 hours ago, bc57 said:

Just realised how many teams can still secure the 3rd spot.

Ashfield, VoL, VoC, Carluke and Muirkirk

Muirkirk can get the highest points total if they win all their games but have the poorest goal difference which could be worth a point. 

Fixture organisation not done Carluke any favours.  No league game for another 2 weeks and then 3 inside a week.

If Ashfield win at VoC next weekend, only 3 wins by Carluke can prevent them from coming up with Lanark and Gow.

Well done. That is an excellent result for you.
Our keeper was a no show today - no one knows why. Our captain had to go in goal plus wee Chucky was still suspended.  We won 8-0 and it should have been by a lot more but our first goal was against the run of play!
Hat off to Saltcoats, they kept trying. They are a decent bunch - no kicking or getting arsey although one of their young lads got 2  soft yellows and then another red for mouthing at the ref to leave his team to play with 10 for 30 minutes.

Muirkirk gave us a good game today and game could have went either way until they tired a bit at the end. Just what the juniors is all about, bit heated on and off the park but all shake hands and move on to the next game at the end. Great set up Muirkirk have and would welcome another visit down there as long as it’s when they come up. Haha. Our keeper and penalty taker (same person) didn’t make it today either and the young fella done well when he settled in.

Games running out for us as yous seem to keep getting good results too but we are.....

Still chasing !!!!!

11 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Muirkirk gave us a good game today and game could have went either way until they tired a bit at the end. Just what the juniors is all about, bit heated on and off the park but all shake hands and move on to the next game at the end. Great set up Muirkirk have and would welcome another visit down there as long as it’s when they come up. Haha. Our keeper and penalty taker (same person) didn’t make it today either and the young fella done well when he settled in.

Games running out for us as yous seem to keep getting good results too but we are.....

Still chasing !!!!!

Ashfield result next weekend would deflate Muirkirk before we have to go play them.

The league keeps getting better and better with the title race and promotion race going to the wire. We played really well today and got a good result against newmains however have one game left against a vale of clyde team who seem to be hitting form and playing really well, makings of a great game. Still outwith our control but one last push from our lads n who knows! Wat a division this is this season fair play to all

3 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Just noticed that’s The Gow scored 100 goals in 23 league games. Well done lads.

Still chasing

Indeed but almost 20% of those were scored in one game against 8 and then 7 men, if memory serves me correctly !

3 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Vale of Clyde win at home and it’s game on.

Still chasing

Indeed. Another reason why we will be rooting for Ashfield next weekend as we still have them and Muirkirk to play. An Ashfield victory takes them both out of the equation.

Indeed but almost 20% of those were scored in one game against 8 and then 7 men, if memory serves me correctly !

What difference does that make ? Next you will be telling me over 25% of them were scored by Big McStay so they don’t count. You can only play against the team put out against you and the season shows the best teams. As previously stated, top 3, whoever they are, will deserve it.

Vale of Clyde v Ashfield is a massive game this weekend as is both our games for the run in.

Still chasing

Followed this league this year and took in a lot of random games, and I have to say when you look back on record the poor start that Lanark and Lesmahagow had and players they have went through to find their best team. If they didn’t go through a big change in personal in player wise at the start both team would have easily went through the full season not lost at all, it’s a very very poor league, Ashfield started off well and fell away still very poor. Muirkirk young side very poor, vale of leven very poor, Carluke have a lot of older and experience players very poor vale of Clyde hot and cold, ardeer have had off the field problems. Newmains are doing stuff positive off the field, still poor. Forth have a poor team, there old manager is telling on the team massive miss. Saltcoats are the worse team I’ve seen. Thorniewood have a decent squad, but feel like there result against Lanark have let there new management team down, the coach who ran on the field and kick the ball away, that led to the Lanark free kick would have been sacked if I was manger, disgrace probably cost them the 3rd place spot. Next year my prediction is Lanark will finish mid table, and same with Lesmahagow, my reason is both teams have not played against decent teams every week to test them, one off games in cups is any mans game doesn’t matter what league they are in. it’s all about constantly winning games. Which they have in the worse league in junior football. Both teams have a higher budget more than the 10 other teams and most of the league above that I’ve heard.

5 hours ago, sneddon21 said:

Followed this league this year and took in a lot of random games, and I have to say when you look back on record the poor start that Lanark and Lesmahagow had and players they have went through to find their best team. If they didn’t go through a big change in personal in player wise at the start both team would have easily went through the full season not lost at all, it’s a very very poor league, Ashfield started off well and fell away still very poor. Muirkirk young side very poor, vale of leven very poor, Carluke have a lot of older and experience players very poor vale of Clyde hot and cold, ardeer have had off the field problems. Newmains are doing stuff positive off the field, still poor. Forth have a poor team, there old manager is telling on the team massive miss. Saltcoats are the worse team I’ve seen. Thorniewood have a decent squad, but feel like there result against Lanark have let there new management team down, the coach who ran on the field and kick the ball away, that led to the Lanark free kick would have been sacked if I was manger, disgrace probably cost them the 3rd place spot. Next year my prediction is Lanark will finish mid table, and same with Lesmahagow, my reason is both teams have not played against decent teams every week to test them, one off games in cups is any mans game doesn’t matter what league they are in. it’s all about constantly winning games. Which they have in the worse league in junior football. Both teams have a higher budget more than the 10 other teams and most of the league above that I’ve heard.

My you’re a bundle of sunshine today.

Of course the standard of football isn’t as good as the leagues above - it’s the lowest division of 4.

9 hours ago, bc57 said:

No it was 10 men and then 9 men.  We were happy for the game to be postponed however the sjfa said the game must be played.  So whilst we felt really sorry for ardeer we had to still go out and do a job on them.

6 hours ago, sneddon21 said:

I don't understand what you mean by the poor start that gow and lanark had and what they went through to find their best teams.  Both teams have only lost 1 league game each this season.  Yes some of the teams are of poor standard I agree however theirs still a title and a promotion place to be  decided so it has been exciting.  You talk about one off cup games for goodness sake we got to the final so we must have been really lucky in 5 one off games.  Lanark had a good few results in cup and in the West of Scotland cup the gow beat junior cup finalists largs thistle.  So stop talking out your arse.  You're being very disrespectful to the league especially to lesmahagow and lanark.

You must a a really great life if you have seen all these teams play and think it’s been poor all season. Do you like to torture yourself on a regular basis? This is the bottom league in the west and we all know it but give credit to the clubs that continue to give boys the opportunity to play football at whatever standard all season.