West Region League 2 2018/19

Despite the weather I loved my first visit to Ardeer yesterday.  The square sausage rolls were excellent - I had two!
Some farcical refereeing decisions for both teams yesterday, including the sending off of our keeper after 20 mins! He soon evened things up 10 minutes later with an equally bad sending off.
Championship still ours to lose.

Agreed the referee was a disgrace yesterday. Only one booking and he never he showed it (ardeer striker on the Lanark keeper which ultimately led Lanark keeping being sent off). Young RB for ardeer should never have walked either, v poor referee performance

Anyone coming to the Lanark v Saltcoats game tomorrow should avoid the town centre as the main st is shut on both sides.  Best to come in from the Hyndford Bridge end of town.

Pitch is going to be heavy and the badgers have been at one of Geordie's penalty area's. He will be out there right now repairing it in the dark, knowing him.   

Edited by bc57
Too big a picture

Anyone coming to the Lanark v Saltcoats game tomorrow should avoid the town centre as the main st is shut on both sides.  Best to come in from the Hyndford Bridge end of town.
Pitch is going to be heavy and the badgers have been at one of Geordie's penalty area's. He will be out there right now repairing it in the dark, knowing him.   

Is it not Annbank [emoji848][emoji23][emoji460]️

How is the weather up there ?

We are getting battered down here mate. [emoji85]

47 minutes ago, Ginola97 said:

Is it not Annbank emoji848.pngemoji23.pngemoji460.png

How is the weather up there ?

We are getting battered down here mate. emoji85.png

It is Annbank and I have no idea why I keep thinking it is Saltcoats!

Been a bit wet today but the pitch was in good nick when I was up there earlier so should be ok as long as we don't have a deluge overnight.

Lanark 4 Annbank 1

Despite scoring in the 1st minute we made life hard for ourselves again today in poor conditions.  Missed a pile of excellent chances.

I think that is us promoted unless we lose all of our remaining games and Ashfield turn around a 29 goal difference whilst winning their remaining 4 games

Will be nice to play in decent conditions again.  Same for both teams and whilst we have won 5 and drawn once this year our style of play has been affected badly and we have not played that well, despite the excellent results.

2 hours ago, bc57 said:

Good luck to Carluke today. Would be good if all three local teams got promoted ;)

If Ashfield drop a point today Lanark will be promoted.

I see what you did there bc lol.  I think today's match at carluke will determine whether we can win all our remaining matches as generally we haven't got a great record up there.  I have lanark for  a draw on the coupon so a wee update at half time or if any goals go in would would be appreciated bc cheers.

8 hours ago, Gowlad said:

I see what you did there bc lol.  I think today's match at carluke will determine whether we can win all our remaining matches as generally we haven't got a great record up there.  I have lanark for  a draw on the coupon so a wee update at half time or if any goals go in would would be appreciated bc cheers.

Sorry, only just saw this.  yes, tongue in cheek.

Sufficient to say that only one team deserved to be in the last 8 today and they are not in it. We were much better than Troon today but were hampered by wee Chucky getting a questionable red on 35 mins.  The Troon keeper had 4 fantastic saves and we should have got at least one of the 3 penalty claims that we had.

58 minutes ago, bc57 said:

Sorry, only just saw this.  yes, tongue in cheek.

Sufficient to say that only one team deserved to be in the last 8 today and they are not in it. We were much better than Troon today but were hampered by wee Chucky getting a questionable red on 35 mins.  The Troon keeper had 4 fantastic saves and we should have got at least one of the 3 penalty claims that we had.

I thought you would run them close I had yous  for a draw.  

6 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Comfortable 4 nil win for The Gow at Carluke today. Not much of a game to be honest. Horrible place to watch football.

Still chasing.

At least you got a reasonable day for it.  My least favourite ground as a spectator.

56 minutes ago, bc57 said:

At least you got a reasonable day for it.  My least favourite ground as a spectator.

You're quite correct bc.  It's a pig of a place to watch a game.  I have stated previously I hope carluke go up however it's not the best of venues to watch a game.  Congratulations on promotion.  Lanark can now take their foot off the gas and let the gow win the title.  Ha ha.