West Region League 2 2018/19

On 08/12/2018 at 16:57, bc57 said:

VoC 2 Lanark 3

Game played in poor conditions so good football was never going to happen.  VoC should have been 1 up inside 20 secs and really got in about us.

Vale first goal after 23 mins should not have stood after a foul. 2 up after 28 mins and then they had a players harshly shown a straight red on 32 mins.  Lanark pulled one back with a soft penalty just before half time and then equalised on 47 mins - the cross came from a definite offside position.

Alan McCrum was surprisingly left out of the starting line up and we were amazed he didn't come on at half time. However, he appeared on 62 mins, showed 2 flashes of brilliance and the 2nd of which resulted in Chucky Watt scoring his 2nd. He was then sent off for giving a GIRUY gesture to the crowd - harsh in my view.   Lanark had a 4th ruled offside wrongly, 2 players were playing him onside.

Lanark held on. Ref poor for both teams. Had we drawn or even lost today it would not have been harsh as we were not great and a shadow of the team we have seen in recent months.  4th red in consecutive games is not a good stat. 

Geat result and hope red cards/ desipline catches up with yous. Haha 

Ashfield 1 Lanark 3

Excellent away result takes us to the top of the table.

Our penalty hoodoo continues, Chucky Watt missing (again!) in the first minute.

Lanark 2 up after 10 minutes. Ashfield keeper lucky to not get a 2nd yellow when he blasted the ball downfield after we were awarded a free kick for a pass back on 6yd box, which we converted.

Ashfield put us under loads of aerial pressure which we struggled with. We could easily have come away with just a point today but we weathered the pressure well. Ashfield didn't carry the same threat 2nd half despite going in only 1 down. Great strikers goal by wee Chucky on 73 mins sealed the points. 

Lanark 2 St Ant's 0

Our poorest performance of the season. Without 3 key players  but, nonetheless, disappointing display.  A better team would have taken us today.  Game brightened up by an absolute rocket by young Martin Smith from 30 plus yards that screamed into the top corner. I do hope our friends from St Ant's share the footage.

11th league victory on the trot and now 5 points clear at the top, having played a game more than The Gow. 

On 29/12/2018 at 16:28, bc57 said:

Lanark 2 St Ant's 0

Our poorest performance of the season. Without 3 key players  but, nonetheless, disappointing display.  A better team would have taken us today.  Game brightened up by an absolute rocket by young Martin Smith from 30 plus yards that screamed into the top corner. I do hope our friends from St Ant's share the footage.

11th league victory on the trot and now 5 points clear at the top, having played a game more than The Gow. 

Ants were the better team on the day, also missing a few players.  All the good fortune fell for Lanark, including the inexplicable decision not to send off the no 8 after his 2nd bookable offence on the 40th minute.  Not surprising he was subbed at HT.

Cracking strike for the 2nd settled it.

2 hours ago, clickclick said:

Ants were the better team on the day, also missing a few players.  All the good fortune fell for Lanark, including the inexplicable decision not to send off the no 8 after his 2nd bookable offence on the 40th minute.  Not surprising he was subbed at HT.

Cracking strike for the 2nd settled it.

What?!!  You cannot be serious.  We were poor but there is no way you were the better team. I don't recall our keeper having a save to make.

I do agree about the 2nd yellow however.

2 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Wtf is the keeper dain for the first goal. Looks like he should have got the second too. 

I was away getting my pie, something I never normally do, and so missed our first goal! Heard it was a howler.

15 hours ago, bc57 said:

What?!!  You cannot be serious.  We were poor but there is no way you were the better team. I don't recall our keeper having a save to make.

I do agree about the 2nd yellow however.

C'mon, you can at least give the other team a bit of credit although I appreciate that would be going against the grain.

We struggled to create much due to decision making up top, but we were hardly troubled at the other end. 

Attempts on goal or shots saved is the marker?  Ants were better team in the first, Lanark improved in the 2nd in a game played mostly in the middle of the park.

3 hours ago, clickclick said:

C'mon, you can at least give the other team a bit of credit although I appreciate that would be going against the grain.

We struggled to create much due to decision making up top, but we were hardly troubled at the other end. 

Attempts on goal or shots saved is the marker?  Ants were better team in the first, Lanark improved in the 2nd in a game played mostly in the middle of the park.

Check out my many posts my friend and you will see me give the opposition due credit. My aim is to be as objective as I can be.

We got a lucky break with the goal. I agree that on a different day Alan could have had 2 yellows.  However, we scored a 'worldie' and we had one cleared off the line when the keeper misjudged a corner.  I can't recall our keeper making a save of any consequence.

I said we were very poor from the outset and there was not a great deal between us on the day I just don't agree you were the better team on the day.  We were there for the taking on Saturday, given how we played and you barely put a glove on us.

36 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

How’s the parks looking for tomorrow??? In particular, Annbank ???? 

We badly need a game a game, not played since the 24th of November.,

We were concerned about ours earlier in the week due to the frost on consecutive days but I believe that our maestro has been able to do his work and get the pitch back in shape in advance of our first game of the season v Thornliebank.

Halfway through our fixtures but still not played them nor Muirkirk. Two tough opponents in the form of Ashfield and St Ants out the way however.

13 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Hard fought win today for The Gow away to Annbank. Park was very heavy and turned game into a bit of a kicking match. Can see teams dropping points down there and we were glad to come away with a 3.2 win. 

Glad we have already won down there then.

Lanark 5 Thorniewood 2

Three points AND we scored a penalty. 3-0 up at half time, they get a man sent off just after the hour mark and then promptly concede 2 quick goals.  Fortunately got our finger out after that and went 4-2 soon thereafter, the 5th coming in injury time.

No Hallford, McCrum or Hill today and our best player this season, Cammy Lawson off injured after 5 mins. Thankfully Shug Kerr and PJ O'Donnell back.

Results have again favoured us and The Gow as the gap gets bigger.

Muirkirk v vale of leven

1st half vol Looked the better team , made more chances ,kirk goalie was excellent only time he was beaten defender made an excellent goal line clearance ,voc keeper made a cracking save from a corner just before ht

Second half voc took the lead from a pen (fair enough imo)

Muirkirk equaliser was quality ,a mazy from the no 2 n a cracking finish

Winner came from a voc blooper Ch ducked under the ball and let the cf run on and finish it

Ref got a most of it right ,and was a really enjoyable fiver