West Region League 2 2018/19

49 minutes ago, Disco30 said:
51 minutes ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:
Nothing wrong with him. Just refused to come back out. I agree with you btw. 

Poor show from the lad involved , let himself and his team mates down regardless of how they were performing. I'm sure he regrets his actions now.

His team mates, committee, supporters and everybody wa disappointed but the lad refused to play. 

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Home defeat for Ashfield a bit of a shock.  No easy games, unless a team turns up with 10 men that is! 

I think even if we had an eleventh man last week Lesmahagow would have given us a right hiding, but not to the same extent.

Anyway, on to more positive stuff. Today was brilliant. Saltcoats weren't great, neither were we to be honest, but we showed a lot of fight and determination. We're still far away from getting things sorted but very little beats the high of a truly unexpected win. Probably the best I've felt after an Ardeer match since we won promotion in 2014.

With the rest of the league fixtures now been shown on the website, I thought they would have left the Lanark v Gow game to an end of the season hopeful title decider for both. I know loads of dates will change with postponements, cup changes, etc. and both teams might not be in the mix but I can live and hope. 

VoC 2 Lanark 3

Game played in poor conditions so good football was never going to happen.  VoC should have been 1 up inside 20 secs and really got in about us.

Vale first goal after 23 mins should not have stood after a foul. 2 up after 28 mins and then they had a players harshly shown a straight red on 32 mins.  Lanark pulled one back with a soft penalty just before half time and then equalised on 47 mins - the cross came from a definite offside position.

Alan McCrum was surprisingly left out of the starting line up and we were amazed he didn't come on at half time. However, he appeared on 62 mins, showed 2 flashes of brilliance and the 2nd of which resulted in Chucky Watt scoring his 2nd. He was then sent off for giving a GIRUY gesture to the crowd - harsh in my view.   Lanark had a 4th ruled offside wrongly, 2 players were playing him onside.

Lanark held on. Ref poor for both teams. Had we drawn or even lost today it would not have been harsh as we were not great and a shadow of the team we have seen in recent months.  4th red in consecutive games is not a good stat.