West Region League 2 2018/19

Lanark 4 Forth 2
Well deserved win takes us to the top of the table.
3-0 at half time.
Ex Lanark man Ryan Cherrie had 5 wonderful saves for Forth to keep the score line respectable plus saved a penalty to deprive Shug Kerr his 3rd consecutive league hat trick
Pitch was in excellent condition despite all the rain

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Lanark 4 Forth 2
Well deserved win takes us to the top of the table.
3-0 at half time.
Ex Lanark man Ryan Cherrie had 5 wonderful saves for Forth to keep the score line respectable plus saved a penalty to deprive Shug Kerr his 3rd consecutive league hat trick
Pitch was in excellent condition despite all the rain

Forth defending was not good and they were poor for first 25 mins. Lanark were clinical and deserved 2-0 lead.Kerr and Watt are the best strike force in the league. For the rest of the game Forth were the better team and created some clear cut chances but the third goal against the run of play right on half time gave them too big a mountain to climb. Justice done with the pen as it was never a foul. Lanark, Gow and Ashfield looking good for promotion.

3 hours ago, redstarbenhar said:

Forth defending was not good and they were poor for first 25 mins. Lanark were clinical and deserved 2-0 lead.Kerr and Watt are the best strike force in the league. For the rest of the game Forth were the better team and created some clear cut chances but the third goal against the run of play right on half time gave them too big a mountain to climb. Justice done with the pen as it was never a foul. Lanark, Gow and Ashfield looking good for promotion.

Seriously?  So you are saying that for 65 minutes Forth were the better team?  Ryan had FIVE superb saves plus the penalty. It was a penalty all day long.

10 hours ago, bc57 said:

Seriously?  So you are saying that for 65 minutes Forth were the better team?  Ryan had FIVE superb saves plus the penalty. It was a penalty all day long.

I thought you might have a reply to that BC.  Forth definately improved in the second half but if it wasn't for Ryan Cherrie then we'd have had a few more.

Edited by yowe6

21 minutes ago, yowe6 said:

I thought you might have a reply to that BC.  Forth definately improved in the second half but if it wasn't for Ryan Cherrie then we'd have had a few more.

Indeed they did and had a couple of good chances that, if taken could have put us under pressure but even the non Lanark supporters that I spoke to stated that we were by far and away the better team, even if we weren't as sharp as we've been.

Johnstone Burgh 0 Lanark 4
Good win  although this scoreline flattered us today.  JB were well in the game for most of it and although we missed a few, we saved 3 off the line and our keeper had a couple of cracking saves.
Lost the legend that is Shug to a red at 0-4 for retaliation after he had been wiped out, which is unfortunate. Thankfully he was not the only one to see red in the incident.

JB had the least athletic looking keeper I have ever seen today. To be fair he was not at fault for anything and his distribution was good.  Like the JB captain. Looks a good player.

On 20/10/2018 at 16:56, Hong Kong Phooey said:

The Gow 6 Muirkirk 1. 

Game finished after a superb first half from The Gow. 5.1 at half time flattered Muirkirk and should have been more goals for The Gow. 

As predicted Muirkirk to be struggling in that league. They are very poor IMO 

On 23/10/2018 at 12:29, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Looks like the 4 teams that came from the Ayshire league are struggling. Currently taking the bottom 4 positions. 

We have still to play Muirkirk.  Annbank tried to play some decent stuff when we played down there.

We have still to play Muirkirk.  Annbank tried to play some decent stuff when we played down there.

Cheers mate

Our team is essentially our U19s team so huge learning curve this season.
Will always try and play but hopefully as season goes on we learn to handle bumps in the road more readily ...
Can only be good for the young team in long run [emoji1303][emoji460]️

Still buzzing from seeing a long overdue Ardeer win this afternoon. Missed a lot of our previous games this year due to work and I reckon it was January when I last watched us win a match.

We've been inconsistent in defeat this season, narrowly losing in some games against better teams and losing badly in some others, but I thought we were well worth the win today.