West Region League 2 2018/19

I thought it was a pretty even end to end match, both teams defended well or the game could have finished 6-6. Both teams had spells where they had the other team under pressure for continued spells, least we deserved was a point, but delighted to take all 3

Delighted to learn that Gareth Hallford has re-signed for Lanark from Albion Rovers.  Great signing by our management team/committee.

We have also signed a left back - Craig Stark from the amateur ranks. Big strong lad and left footed, which helps!

Always good to get 3 points in a local derby. We made hard work of our victory. Undoubtedly helped by our visitors ill discipline. Most of the Carluke team booked, first one after a few minutes play. Their management team were well pumped up from the outset which resulted in the manager being sent off midway through the first half.

Two  reds for 2nd yellows in quick succession around 75 mins. Carluke captain lost the plot after his sending off which I think resulted in him getting another due to his conduct. A 3rd red followed when a defender dived full length to push away a goal bound effort off the line. Chucky Watt scored the resultant penalty.  A 3rd before the end by Shug Kerr made the scoreline more respectable than the first 75% of the game had been playing out.

Good crowd yesterday.

10 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

Good result yesterday. 2.3 win at Thorniewood which is always a hard place to take points from for us. 

:P I'm liking what I've seen this season, bit of respect back for the Gow, thought there was quality against Petershill, big McStay found his form good guy to have when he's on it! Mon the Gow!

25 minutes ago, John-nae Cash said:

:P I'm liking what I've seen this season, bit of respect back for the Gow, thought there was quality against Petershill, big McStay found his form good guy to have when he's on it! Mon the Gow!

Can be frustrating to watch sometimes but you can’t argue with his scoring record each time he has signed for us. Scored number 10 and 11  yesterday and looks like this could be his highest tally yet. Got to like the big fella. 

7 hours ago, Stants1902 said:

@bc57 Any chance of a squad list for Lanark, I know its a bit late but I've been away with work so not had a chance

Sent you a list of the majority. There may be one or two others that were not stripped last weekend who may be involved this weekend. I think Chucky Watt is about to start a suspension.

Looking forward to our trip over.

St Ants 0 Lanark 3

Ultimately a very well deserved victory after weathering some early pressure after the kick off. Hat trick for Shug Kerr, another penalty miss by Chalky Watt. Hit the woodwork twice and had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside. St Ant's keeper had some excellent saves.

We are playing some nice stuff this season. Creating lots of chances and missing quite a few. 3 clean sheets in a row is a bonus!

Pitch in great condition and the pie was excellent.

Bad day at the Office yesterday however firstly we wish the boy Hannaway well having been stretchered into an Ambulance. The 30 Minute delay to the game didn`t help the flow of the Match however we lost our way and Newmains finished the stronger team with some talented individuals playing for them this Season. It is just one of those grounds that we never manage to play well at - last Season we scraped through 4-3 there. We must `dust ourselves down` and look forward to the next two League Matches against Vale of Leven (h) and Lesmahagow (a). Every game this year has been a cracker and I do believe that the standard is higher this Season. 

Parker v Newmains 150918.jpg

1 minute ago, Ewaninblack said:

Every game this year has been a cracker and I do believe that the standard is higher this Season. 

Parker v Newmains 150918.jpg

The cynic in me thought Div 2 would be of poor quality but it looks like I may be wrong. The positive from the reorganisation is that the bottom teams from the two distinct areas now have an opportunity to progress as they are now competing with similar clubs. How have the attendances been at the matches? 

On 16/09/2018 at 10:14, Viewparker said:

The cynic in me thought Div 2 would be of poor quality but it looks like I may be wrong. The positive from the reorganisation is that the bottom teams from the two distinct areas now have an opportunity to progress as they are now competing with similar clubs. How have the attendances been at the matches? 

Attendances have been decent as I think a lot of teams will take points off each other and no one will run away with this league. 

2 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

A (n admittetly biased) look at Vale of Leven v Lesmahagow on Saturday. Gow worthy of the three points yes, but one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen.

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/vale-of-leven-v-lesmahagow/

Good read if a bit biased...Haha

Agree on the steak pies tho…..Cant be much better.