Tonight's scores 13/06/18

The'FORD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Troon better team on the night against Girvan.
Knapp scored winner again. 
Nothing against the player but the sooner that rule is changed the better.

Had Troon played the 3 trialists with a view to signing them for next season I would’ve given Troon the benefit of the doubt for strengthening their squad.

No disrespect to Shortlees afc but Keir Knapp could and should be playing at a higher level and both Robert Love and Kieran Paterson have played junior and could still do a job (imo).
I can’t speak for Robert Love (Hurlford Thistle) but I know the other 2 have no intention of leaving Shortlees so I have to agree that although what Troon have done is within the rules it isn’t right.

(ie the equivalent of not contesting a drop ball and the opposition team score from it.! You know it’s wrong, they know it’s wrong, everyone knows it’s wrong but it’s allowed)

Had Troon played the 3 trialists with a view to signing them for next season I would’ve given Troon the benefit of the doubt for strengthening their squad.

No disrespect to Shortlees afc but Keir Knapp could and should be playing at a higher level and both Robert Love and Kieran Paterson have played junior and could still do a job (imo).
I can’t speak for Robert Love (Hurlford Thistle) but I know the other 2 have no intention of leaving Shortlees so I have to agree that although what Troon have done is within the rules it isn’t right.

(ie the equivalent of not contesting a drop ball and the opposition team score from it.! You know it’s wrong, they know it’s wrong, everyone knows it’s wrong but it’s allowed)
Players won't leave as their Clubs pay more than most Junior Clubs.

8 minutes ago, ADLNeutral said:
22 minutes ago, The said:

Players won't leave as their Clubs pay more than most Junior Clubs.

A bit unfair with last statement there!

8 hours ago, The'FORD said:

It's another rule that shows up the grade as being an utter cluster f**k

Is it the trialist that was the number 10 ? he was the pick in the 1st leg on Monday . Does anyone know if the 2 Troon lads Syme and McCready are still there , they were good anytime ive watched them late on this season maybe 3 or 4 times . No sight of them on Monday .

Good luck to Troon in the new Premier .   

Don't see the big deal here, troon wanted promotion and used trialists to help them achieve that, end of day girvan could have done the same but obviously had confidence/Faith in their squad to win match .
If it was my team in play-off I would want them to explore any avenue within the rules to help win tie(as would most fans if in similar situations)

29 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Don't see the big deal here, troon wanted promotion and used trialists to help them achieve that, end of day girvan could have done the same but obviously had confidence/Faith in their squad to win match .
If it was my team in play-off I would want them to explore any avenue within the rules to help win tie(as would most fans if in similar situations)

Girvan didn't have the reputed £130 per game for the players in question 

Is it the trialist that was the number 10 ? he was the pick in the 1st leg on Monday . Does anyone know if the 2 Troon lads Syme and McCready are still there , they were good anytime ive watched them late on this season maybe 3 or 4 times . No sight of them on Monday .
Syme was on holiday. McCreadie was at Girvan last night. Not sure if he was injured. Number 10 was Evan Maley I believe. Played with Troon for a couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, daio10 said:
3 hours ago, CopaMundials said:

Syme was on holiday. McCreadie was at Girvan last night. Not sure if he was injured. Number 10 was Evan Maley I believe. Played with Troon for a couple of seasons.

Awrite, haven’t seen him playing for a couple of years now. He was a cracking young player.  He must be lucky if he 20 just now? 

The last I heard he had went to play with Stranraer u20’s, his dad was the manager their for a time. If it’s the same person!

Awrite, haven’t seen him playing for a couple of years now. He was a cracking young player.  He must be lucky if he 20 just now? 
The last I heard he had went to play with Stranraer u20’s, his dad was the manager their for a time. If it’s the same person!
His dad is now the assistant to Jimmy at Troon.

Are the play-offs not now defunct with 3 up 3 down so problem solved ?
Yes. Thing is, I was sure the rule had been changed after Lanark drafted in a former Pollok striker (Paul Macaulay?) to play against Clydebank years ago.

Archived