Early Season predictions

Even if Ayr were to collapse straight into relegation form now they'd probably still make the top four.

Averaging a point a game for the rest of the season would put them on 52 points. That's usually enough for the top four, the exceptions being last season when you had Brechin giving everyone at least 10 points and 14/15 when the bottom three all finished with less than 30 points and Falkirk missed out with 53. The teams at the bottom aren't likely to have so few points this season and therefore breaking 50 points should get anyone there.

I expect Dundee United and Ross County to be the top two come the end of the season, but it'll take a Raith level of winless run and collapse for Ayr to miss out on the playoffs from here.

• 4 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 18:33, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I think Ayr will be the surprise package this season and challenge for, if not reach, a playoff spot. They scored loads of goals last season and appear to have kept the players who contributed to their swashbuckling style.

Queen of the South seem to have been tipped by most to struggle and I agree looking at their squad and lack of quality signings. Dobbie looked finished last season so I can't see where their goals are going to come from. Alloa should save them from bottom spot in any case.

Thank you all so much x

On 05/07/2018 at 18:33, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I think Ayr will be the surprise package this season and challenge for, if not reach, a playoff spot. They scored loads of goals last season and appear to have kept the players who contributed to their swashbuckling style.

Queen of the South seem to have been tipped by most to struggle and I agree looking at their squad and lack of quality signings. Dobbie looked finished last season so I can't see where their goals are going to come from. Alloa should save them from bottom spot in any case.

16 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Thank you all so much x

TBF some reasonable predictions there. We have indeed struggled though i remain hopeful we can finish above a couple of teams.

Certainly like the one about Dobbie being done :lol:

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 10:35, RiG said:

Just so we don't ever lose it here is a grab of Ferguson's predictions for the Championship. 

_102805360_prediction.png.719a1aaeae106870f34d93584699e7bd.png

Think everyone owes Derek Ferguson a wee apology. That's far more accurate than the majority of the predictions on here.

Move Partick down a couple of places and there's a good chance it could be spot on

Take away goals against the bottom 3 dross last season, Dobbie only scored in four other matches.
Against the top 5 he scored in 2 of 17 appearances: one match against St Mirren and another against Dunfermline and didn't get on the scoreshert against Livingston, Dundee United or Inverness all season.
St Mirren- 1 goal in 3 appearances
Livi- 0 goals in 4 appearances
Dundee United- 0 goals in 3 appearances
Dunfermline- 3 goals in 3 appearances (failed to score in 2/3)
Inverness- 0 goals in 4 appearances
He'll probably rattle in 20 goals against Alloa but against teams at the upper end of the table he is finished. 

The best striker at scoring against Brechin maybe.

Surely if you want to achieve anything you should be looking at players who can perform against the better teams in the league?

Aye Dobbie has me fair rattled. Just because I didn’t proclaim him the best striker in the league must mean he’s rattled me.

He may well prove me wrong but I don’t see him as the best striker next season. Doesn’t mean to say he’s not a great player and wouldn’t be an asset for any team in this division. I just think there will be players that’ll score more goals than him next season.

You've only proven my point of how appaling Dobbie's record is.
He'll score 35 goals against Alloa and be considered a world beater while effectively sitting it out against better opposition. Good luck to him. He's raking in a small fortune.

**Snigger**

If we had the best player in the league- a striker- I'd expect them to score against the top 5 teams in the league in more than 2 matches out of 17 attempts over a season.
Maybe that's just me though.

Only 10 goals against the Top 5 this season in 15 outings. Still one more goal than your highest goalscorer has got against the whole division.

53 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Think everyone owes Derek Ferguson a wee apology. That's far more accurate than the majority of the predictions on here.

Move Partick down a couple of places and there's a good chance it could be spot on

Not really, he has 3 positions out of 10 right to date....

13 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

That would be accurate if he could read.

On 4/5/2019 at 08:58, I'm Brian said:

Funnily enough I was actually looking back at this thread a week or two back to see what I had said about our chances and saw that post. I couldn't bring myself to say that Derek Ferguson might actually have been right however so I decided against bumping the thread!

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Games to go and on current form it could be Morton and QoS filling those two places....so NO.

Tbf even though there are 3 or 4 games still to play that's a pretty decent prediction.