Early Season predictions

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'd be chuffed with 4th again this season.  

Although I get what you're saying I think we can guarantee you that AJ's objective will not be 4th place again. He's under pressure to improve season on season. Expectations are higher in the league and getting through the play offs this time.

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Falkirk - intriguing group of players brought in this summer, very ICT in choice. This looks like the work of a scouting network in the North East of England. Who is the Falkirk Chief Scout?

Maybe a budget cut forcing the club to look elsewhere other than get involved in the usual pass the same old journeymen around. Forced to think outside the box. You will see what Paul Hartley is made of as a manager this season, make or break if he is ever going to cut it.

Falkirk could be the team to keep an eye on during the second half of the season.

Richard Mitchell, if I remember correctly. Brought in with the remit to go to England and fi d the tale Ted guys who had kinda fallen through the cracks a bit. And he's done that, just need to see if they are any good. 

19 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Most important think Falkirk fans can see so far is that we might be shite but we won't be a team of pussies

14 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

It is a tough job scouting for a club like Falkirk. We're paying, what 500 quid a week? Below many non leaguers down south. 

Anybody? 

200w (1).gif

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

So things are not well behind the scenes at EEP?

Most of us expect a close run league with little between most of the teams especially in the top 6. I would say it would be very harsh if AJ is put under pressure if you are sitting 6th in February but only two wins of the top it maybe could be seen as arrogance that Dunfermline should have the devine right to be well above the likes of Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle or Ross County and then better the second worst of the Premeirship. I mean its not as if Dunfermline are a bigger club than any of the three I mentioned, though when I think about it historically the Pars might actually be the true sleeping giants of the Championship rather than Dundee Utd.

The people that run the club are in a better position than I to see that this club when its fully functional and bringing in the crowds really shouldn't be playing in the diddy leagues. Still have to earn it first.

Eh? You've went off on one on the hypothetical situation where we're six points off the title in February yet we'd sack our manager, at literally no point was that ever said.

Partick and Ross County especially have had a good amount of success in recent seasons, however as this thread shows the Thistle fans will be the first to tell you they aren't shaping up great for this season, there's f**k all arrogance involved to think that we could finish above them. 

AJ will be expected to improve the club, he'll be backed with a decent budget to achieve that remit. Where on earth has anyone, fan or director came out and said we wouldn't have to earn the right to play in the top flight? To achieve that aim though we'll need to improve, it's very simple. 

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

So things are not well behind the scenes at EEP?

Most of us expect a close run league with little between most of the teams especially in the top 6. I would say it would be very harsh if AJ is put under pressure if you are sitting 6th in February but only two wins of the top it maybe could be seen as arrogance that Dunfermline should have the devine right to be well above the likes of Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle or Ross County and then better the second worst of the Premeirship. I mean its not as if Dunfermline are a bigger club than any of the three I mentioned, though when I think about it historically the Pars might actually be the true sleeping giants of the Championship rather than Dundee Utd.

The people that run the club are in a better position than I to see that this club when its fully functional and bringing in the crowds really shouldn't be playing in the diddy leagues. Still have to earn it first.

All is well (I think) behind the scenes.

At the Supporters Council meetings it's been openly discussed with fans about the clubs ambitions.

Like any Manager they're given objectives.

That just means they've got a target and they've to try and achieve it. Doesn't mean they'll be sacked if they don't meet their objectives.

We're looking to improve year on year and since we made the play offs last season it's reasonable to assume we aim for the next stage this season. Every club is the same.

Our club has been open about that. Which as a supporter you want hear. There's nothing to hide. 

We're lucky to have the people we have, who all work for nothing.

They've done wonders restoring trust locally and within the game itself since our shameful episode 2012-2013.

The league is extremely tight and we've no divine right to win anything but there's nothing wrong with ambition.

On 7/31/2018 at 22:27, Fuctifano said:

Collated all* the predictions like the loser that I am (only ones listing a 1-10, not vague "will be top half) and with 65 predictions** the P&B wisdom of the crowds as it stands is

1 Ross County

2 Dundee United

3 Partick Thistle

4 Dunfermline

5 Inverness

6 Falkirk

7 Morton

8 Ayr

9 QoS

10 Alloa

In terms of league winners, from 65 we have the following predictions:

County  x 34 -all from non County fans with the caveat I don't think any County fans have submitted a prediction

United  x 11 , 2 from United fans

Thistle  x 6 , Zero from Thistle fans

Dunfermline  x 5,  2 from Dunfermline fans

Falkirk x 5,  4 from Falkirk fans

ICT x 4, 1 from an ICT fan.

In fact no Thistle fan has us above 3rd, of the 9 Jags fans to have submitted a prediction we have ourselves 3rd x 3 , 6th x 1 , and 7th x 5 so it's clear the optimism lies outside Firhill! Conversely of the 12 Falkirk fans, 10 have their team in the top 3. Will update this at the weekend with predictions logged before 3pm Saturday.

* some folk have posted multiple times over the summer, taken the most recent one. Might have missed one or two, in which case I apologise***

** although it's a 23 page thread there is a lot of discussion about Dobbie

*** unless you're a dick or on my ignore list, in which case I don't

If you compare that to the odds, its very similar.

P and b Prediction                                BET 365 prediction.

1 Ross County                                             1. Ross County. 9/4

2 Dundee United                                       2. Dundee United 10/3

3 Partick Thistle                                         3. Partick Thistle 7/2

4 Dunfermline                                             4. Inverness. 7/1

5 Inverness                                                    5. Dunfermline 10/1

6 Falkirk                                                          6. Falkirk 10/1

7 Morton                                                        7. Morton 20/1

8 Ayr                                                                  8. QOTS 25/1                                                                  

9 QoS                                                                9. Ayr 40/1

10 Alloa                                                          10. Alloa 100/1

No doubt Alloa will finish 5th and blow that right out the water!!

1. Ross County 

2. Dunfermline

3. Falkirk

4. Partick Thistle

5. Morton

6. Dundee Utd

7. Ayr

8. QoS

9. Inverness

10. Alloa 

I think we'll start slowly then move our way up but not quite soon enough to make the playoffs. 

Edited by GiGi

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

I need to revise my league predictions Dunfermline Athletic are going to win this league, aren't they? I just have a feeling this is going to be Dunfermline's season.

Am I allowed to revise my predictions?

Faissal El Bakhtaoui will be one to watch. I wonder if he brings back a little bit more to his game than at the time he left for Dens?

I’ve been pining for him for two years. So pleased he is back. He may not have played in this league but I (and I’m pretty sure the manager feels the same) wouldn’t swap him for all the other strikers we’ve had for the last two seasons. 

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

To think he's going to be a lot better than he was in these clips below, he's going to be a handful for any opponent trying to mark or defend against him.

Difference is, back then he was on the up with a career in front of him. Now he's on the slide, tumbling down the leagues to obscurity. 

Derek Ferguson proving once again he knows f**k-all about football -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45022676

"Alloa is a horrible place to go in the winter on the Astroturf 

Just so much fail in that one.

Ferguson still expects United to finish as runners-up behind relegated County

ffs

"And I still can't believe Morton let Jim Duffy go," Ferguson added. "I thought that was a huge mistake.

I think our West Coast chums might disagree there.

Falkirk fans think they're winning the league every year so I wouldn't read too much into it.
It's on par with Dundee fans thinking they'll be top 6 every year.

Isn’t it absolutely shocking that the most committed supporters in the division think (or at least hope) that their club will have a decent season this time around?