Early Season predictions

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Oh my. He wasn't kidding emoji38.png

I was shocked as well when I had a look at the statistics.

Failing to score in 15 out of 17 matches against the 5 teams that finished above Queens last season is worse than I had thought! 

I was shocked as well when I had a look at the statistics.
Failing to score in 15 out of 17 matches against the 5 teams that finished above Queens last season is worse than I had thought! 
You're aware we were very poor last season and would have created far less chances against the better sides aye?

Give him chances and he'll score. He'd walk into any starting line-up in the division.

^
Struggling to cope with the hard facts.
Absolutely. I'd rather we swapped the best striker in the division for someone who can score more against the top half of the division.

Absolutely. I'd rather we swapped the best striker in the division for someone who can score more against the top half of the division.

The best striker at scoring against Brechin maybe.

Surely if you want to achieve anything you should be looking at players who can perform against the better teams in the league?

I've the feeling that with the 2 or 3 known additions we're hoping to make in the next week to finish off the squad, normally, we'd have a squad I'd be hopeful of competing quite well and having a enough to hit midtable. But this league is shaping up to be a bloodbath - I really have no idea how we're going to match up anymore.

ETA: I'd take a "finished" Dobbie at Ayr any day.

The best striker at scoring against Brechin maybe.

Surely if you want to achieve anything you should be looking at players who can perform against the better teams in the league?
Szamo liking this post. Dobbie has certainly rattled the pair of you [emoji38]

No, he's the best striker in the division, that's not really up for debate. The reason he didn't score against better opposition will be largly down to us creating fewer chances against them because we are a poorer side overall. If Dobbie was in the St Mirren squad last season I've no doubt he'd have rattled them in against the better side and increased his tally as well.

Szamo liking this post. Dobbie has certainly rattled the pair of you [emoji38]

No, he's the best striker in the division, that's not really up for debate. The reason he didn't score against better opposition will be largly down to us creating fewer chances against them because we are a poorer side overall. If Dobbie was in the St Mirren squad last season I've no doubt he'd have rattled them in against the better side and increased his tally as well.

Aye Dobbie has me fair rattled. Just because I didn’t proclaim him the best striker in the league must mean he’s rattled me.

He may well prove me wrong but I don’t see him as the best striker next season. Doesn’t mean to say he’s not a great player and wouldn’t be an asset for any team in this division. I just think there will be players that’ll score more goals than him next season.

46 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I've the feeling that with the 2 or 3 known additions we're hoping to make in the next week to finish off the squad, normally, we'd have a squad I'd be hopeful of competing quite well and having a enough to hit midtable. But this league is shaping up to be a bloodbath - I really have no idea how we're going to match up anymore.

It seems that Dobbie only scores against teams below his side in the table. No point taking him at Ayr.

44 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Think last season everyone expected Dumbarton and Brechin  to really  struggle and that's ultimately what happened. With you boys though, it is much more difficult to predict, especially with you being full time compared to two part time teams. If you have a right good season which i would imagine would be around 6th-8th, that would mean one of the more fancied teams for a top 4 finish will drop into the relegation playoffs.

If Alloa where to someone have a great season and finish 8th or better as well....., the game's a bogey!

It's going to be a pretty crazy season, bring it on!

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Szamo liking this post. Dobbie has certainly rattled the pair of you emoji38.png

Can't we just agree that Queens are a very poor side, even with Dobby, and leave it at that. There's really nothing controversial been said as far as I can see.

Can't we just agree that Queens are a very poor side, even with Dobby, and leave it at that. There's really nothing controversial been said as far as I can see.

IMG_2594.jpg

“Dobby” would make a huge difference to QoTS imo.

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Szamo liking this post. Dobbie has certainly rattled the pair of you emoji38.png

You'd be as well starting a man down against most of your opponents in the league then. 

Failing to score in over 88% of the matches against the top 5 sides is abysmal, particularly when you consider Dobbie's astronomical wages.

He is either taking the piss by downing tools against marginally better opposition or he's finished.

Aye Dobbie has me fair rattled. Just because I didn’t proclaim him the best striker in the league must mean he’s rattled me.

He may well prove me wrong but I don’t see him as the best striker next season. Doesn’t mean to say he’s not a great player and wouldn’t be an asset for any team in this division. I just think there will be players that’ll score more goals than him next season.

Who do you see as better out of interest?
It started when Szamo made the laughably ridiculous claim that Dobbie looked done last season. If the league's top scorer looked done then this division would be as well folding now. I'd say that's a very controversial claim to say the least.

You'd be as well starting a man down against most of your opponents in the league then. 
Failing to score in over 88% of the matches against the top 5 sides is abysmal, particularly when you consider Dobbie's astronomical wages.
He is either taking the piss by downing tools against marginally better opposition or he's finished.
[emoji38] Aye, that'll be it. The team creating less chances has nothing to do with it.

Guest Flash
3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Take away goals against the bottom 3 dross last season, Dobbie only scored in four other matches.

Against the top 5 he scored in 2 of 17 appearances: one match against St Mirren and another against Dunfermline and didn't get on the scoreshert against Livingston, Dundee United or Inverness all season.

St Mirren- 1 goal in 3 appearances

Livi- 0 goals in 4 appearances

Dundee United- 0 goals in 3 appearances

Dunfermline- 3 goals in 3 appearances (failed to score in 2/3)

Inverness- 0 goals in 4 appearances

He'll probably rattle in 20 goals against Alloa but against teams at the upper end of the table he is finished. 

Dobbie didn’t play 3 games against Dundee U. He played about 30 minutes of the second game before Flood crocked him, causing him to miss the game v Dundee U at your place the following week. So, he played less than 2 and a half games. And only one whole game when he was fully fit. He missed a couple of other games after Flood had crocked him and played when injured/not fully fit for the remainder of the season.

Apart from us not being very good, against the better sides we tended to play him up front on his own. So, as well as having nobody to create chances for him, he was ploughing a lone furrow in games, something he isn’t very good at.  Being a Dundee U fan, you might know something about a manager handicapping a team by only playing one up front, and one who can’t play that role.

And you can’t just look at goals when considering his value to the team. I can’t remember when I looked at this, it was certainly more than halfway through the season, but at one point he had scored or created at least 80% of our goals.

He may well not be as good next season, but I don’t think his scoring record in a team that isn’t very good and with a manager who doesn’t always gets the best from him, is the way to assess whether or not he is finished. 

Edited by Flash