Early Season predictions

One of these teams who look really good on paper is going to have an absolute stinker of a season and finish 7th  or 8th.  Happens every year.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

At this point in time though I really like the way Morton are going about there business and I reckon MacKinnon will do well. I can see County having a really dissapointing season, they have an outstanding centre midfield but I can really see them struggling upfront. How will the Co managers react etc. It'll be an interesting season. 

9 hours ago, Sittìng on the fence said:

A few teams strengthening their squads , i can see this league being as tight as a ducks erse , think Morton will be close . 

McKinnon has recruited well so far but there are still some crucial positions to fill.  We need a right good centre back and a right back who is better than what we had last year.

The absolute must is a striker who can score 15-20 goals.  We can't rely on Thomson, McHugh and Oliver to score enough. It's a  really difficult position to fill as  as all clubs will be looking for that but if McKinnon can work his magic and we manage to bring a goalscorer in, we should be up there. 

If you look at the potential strikers who could score 15-20 goals;

Queens- Dobbie,

Partick- Doolan,

DU- Clark, 

County- McManus

I know Falkirk and United have signed a few unknowns so there could be a wee gem in there too and Inverness might feel Austin will do the business this season for them.

If we do find one, we won't be far away!

Looking at the teams at the moment on paper we are nowhere near top four. Limited attacking options, new midfield and a decent defence.

I feel that our budget has been cut, how can we lose Clark, Aird, McManus and expect what we have to be as effective?

Two strikers essential and then we will look better. Every team has improved and it will be the toughest league in Scotland.

Edited by D.A.F.C

1. Falkirk

2. Partick

3. Inverness

4.Ross county

5.Morton

6. Dunfermline

7. Dundee Unt

8 . QOS

9. Ayr Unt

10. Alloa

Inverness and Falkirk may swop places.

Who knows how  Dundee Unt will go but for sure the Arabs pages will keep us going through winter.

Squads are getting there now so happy to get a prediction in;

Ross County.

Dunfermline

Morton

Falkirk

Dundee United

Inverness

Thistle

Ayr

QOTS

Alloa.

I think County will win it- Have money to burn and have made some right good signings. If they are struggling in Jan, could easily go and buy 4-5 more quality players.

2nd to 7th could be very tight and wouldn't surprise me if the playoff places constantly change from week to week.  Falkirk could be dangerous as we really don't know much about many of their signings.  Could go wither way, but overall i think they will do well. United should be up there challenging, but with Laszlo, i just can't see it.

For us, we have recruited really well, McKinnon seems like a great appointment  and everyone is collectively buzzing at the moment so i'm hoping we have a right good season. Season ticket sales are at an all time high too which is great.

Thistle could potentially be better than where i have them but they are still quite short on numbers so difficult to judge them right now.

I will prob come back and edit this just before the season starts! 

Edit- updated as I thought I would with a week to go!

Edited by madton

Ross County

ICT

Patrick Thistle

Dundee utd

Morton

Falkirk

Dunfermline

Queens

Ayr

Alloa

Think it will be a lot tighter this season than last season. As many as 6 teams having a short stint at the summit

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

The only thing I can see derailing big spending Ross County is this bizarre joint manager experiment and their lack of experience in the dugout.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. 

Squads are getting there now so happy to get a prediction in;
Ross County.
Falkirk
Morton
Dunfermline
Dundee United
Thistle.
Inverness.
QOTS.
Ayr
Alloa.
I think County will win it- Have money to burn and have made some right good signings. If they are struggling in Jan, could easily go and buy 4-5 more quality players.
 2nd to 7th could be very tight and wouldn't surprise me if the playoff places constantly change from week to week.  Falkirk could be dangerous as we really don't know much about many of their signings.  Could go wither way, but overall i think they will do well. United should be up there challenging, but with Laszlo, i just can't see it.
For us, we have recruited really well, McKinnon seems like a great appointment  and everyone is collectively buzzing at the moment so i'm hoping we have a right good season. Season ticket sales are at an all time high too which is great.
Thistle could potentially be better than where i have them but they are still quite short on numbers so difficult to judge them right now.
I will prob come back and edit this just before the season starts!

I think you’re right to put County as favourites and United to yet again flop with style. I also agree with where you think us Jags will finish. But I’m going to swap us with ICT based on squads at this point. Could change as we get 3-4-5 more bodies in but below is my early doors prediction.

Ross County.
Dunfermline.
Falkirk.
Morton.
Dundee United.
Inverness.
Thistle.
QOTS.
Ayr.
Alloa.

If we get some solid signings in this next week I could see us around the playoffs but I’m concerned. Very concerned.