Early Season predictions

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Wasn't drunk last night, this was very much cogitated and premeditated in its delivery, even so, I'm concerned that my only flaw with this prediction is that I might be underestimating Queen of the South.

You put Ayr third and Dunfermline seventh and you were sober? 

Ayr will enjoy both the typical promotion bounce and the benefit of having most of last season's squad together instead of gelling lots of new players. This will lead to a fairly strong start and many of their gormless fans predicting a play-off spot for their historic, all-time failures. But as sure as the leaves will come off the trees in autumn, the little people will plummet down the table and will end up scrabbling with Raith and some other permadiddies in the League One play-offs in May as usual.

It's a boom-bust cycle with a heavy emphasis on the 'bust'. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ayr will enjoy both the typical promotion bounce and the benefit of having most of last season's squad together instead of gelling lots of new players. This will lead to a fairly strong start and many of their gormless fans predicting a play-off spot for their historic, all-time failures. But as sure as the leaves will come off the trees in autumn, the little people will plummet down the table and will end up scrabbling with Raith and some other permadiddies in the League One play-offs in May as usual.

Still smarting from your 3-1 humping I see.........................

If you're taking the news this badly now I can only imagine the frothing state you'll be in after getting relegated yet again at Starks Park. Sair yin.

Edited by vikingTON

18 hours ago, virginton said:

18 hours ago, virginton said:

A textbook example of the gormless fan that the Ayr boom-bust cycle refers to. 

You spend a fairly large proportion of your time on here furiously trying to instigate some kind of 'point and laugh' movement when it comes to Ayr United. Bizarre considering your 'famous' outfit have a record of W50 -L63 against the seaside 'no-marks'.

Ouch.

10 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

You spend a fairly large proportion of your time on here furiously trying to instigate some kind of 'point and laugh' movement when it comes to Ayr United.

I think you'll find that people have been pointing and laughing at Ayr United for decades champ. 

Bizarre considering your 'famous' outfit have a record of W50 -L63 against the seaside 'no-marks'.

Not really, considering that we have more trophies, far more league titles, far more seasons spent in the top flight than the seaside no-marks. All of which are some metrics of 'success' as a football club, which explains why an Ayr fan couldn't think about them when composing another blustering, shite comeback. 

Thanks for playing anyway.

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

I think you'll find that people have been pointing and laughing at Ayr United for decades champ. 

Not really, considering that we have more trophies, far more league titles, far more seasons spent in the top flight than the seaside no-marks. All of which are some metrics of 'success' as a football club, which explains why an Ayr fan couldn't think about them when composing another blustering, shite comeback. 

By more trophies, I'm assuming you mean the solitary Scottish Cup win in 1922? Aye, tremendous. I'm sure you and your database of Ainsley Harriott memes had a great day out. 

It's usually squad size that catches up with Ayr so VT probably has a point. His Lordship Andy Geggan described this lean new Shankland as unrecognisable to the fat boy he knew from his time at East End and he can probably do a bit of damage. You can just see Ayr doing and Ayr or Raith trademark late season dive as injuries and suspensions bite. 

Pars have finished the last two seasons as the form team. If we can sort out the shite 6 months before that we could do well. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

It's usually squad size that catches up with Ayr so VT probably has a point. His Lordship Andy Geggan described this lean new Shankland as unrecognisable to the fat boy he knew from his time at East End and he can probably do a bit of damage. You can just see Ayr doing and Ayr or Raith trademark late season dive as injuries and suspensions bite. 

Pars have finished the last two seasons as the form team. If we can sort out the shite 6 months before that we could do well. 

Yeah, i was hoping for something similar from Falkirk, but given the turnover on players, I'm hoping everyone else will be shite until we can get to grips with the league. 

On 12/07/2018 at 20:33, 19QOS19 said:

I've seen nothing from Ayr tp give me the fear.

I'm an Ayr Fan, that alone should give everyone the fear.... That I might escape the zoo again.

1. Inverness 2.Dundee utd 3. Partick 4. Dunfermline 5.Ayr 6.Ross county 7.Morton 8.Qos 9.Falkirk 10. Alloa. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I don't have an iron in the fire in this argument/ odd wind up attempt, but I had a spare 5 mins there so looked up Ayr and Morton's relative successes.

I read that Morton have won the 2nd tier 6 times, as have Ayr.  They've won the third tier 3 times, as, again, have Ayr. Perhaps Morton's single 4th tier championship gives them the edge in league wins...?  Morton also have a Scottish cup to their name, while Ayr do not - however, Ayr were in a major final (League Cup) in 2001. Morton were last in one in 1964.  Morton appear to have won loads of Renfrewshire Cups... which is good for the 'trophies won' stat, but not much else.

As a Thistle fan, I genuinely haven't heard anyone treating Ayr as a laughing stock, as you claim here. I do remember a few sad shakes of the head when Morton got beaten 10-2 and relegated by a country mile the season after Thistle eased away to win the Championship against you though. No "pointing and laughing";  just disappointment for you that you had been so embarrassed.

All in all, it seems an odd fight to pick.

I don't have an iron in the fire in this argument/ odd wind up attempt, but I had a spare 5 mins there so looked up Ayr and Morton's relative successes.
I read that Morton have won the 2nd tier 6 times, as have Ayr.  They've won the third tier 3 times, as, again, have Ayr. Perhaps Morton's single 4th tier championship gives them the edge in league wins...?  Morton also have a Scottish cup to their name, while Ayr do not - however, Ayr were in a major final (League Cup) in 2001. Morton were last in one in 1964.  Morton appear to have won loads of Renfrewshire Cups... which is good for the 'trophies won' stat, but not much else.
As a Thistle fan, I genuinely haven't heard anyone treating Ayr as a laughing stock, as you claim here. I do remember a few sad shakes of the head when Morton got beaten 10-2 and relegated by a country mile the season after Thistle eased away to win the Championship against you though. No "pointing and laughing";  just disappointment for you that you had been so embarrassed.
All in all, it seems an odd fight to pick.

The only thing that would’ve made this post better is a picture of Ainsley Harriott eating cake and a “Thanks for playing” or some equally cringeworthy sign off that only virginton would use.