Early Season predictions

I didn't realise that was the idea.  I thought we just voiced our opinions.  I hadn't realised we were each meant to be on a mad quest to gather support.
As it is, there has actually been some agreement with what I'm saying.

Of course there will be.
For the reasons I already mentioned earlier..

I didn't realise that was the idea.  I thought we just voiced our opinions.  I hadn't realised we were each meant to be on a mad quest to gather support.
As it is, there has actually been some agreement with what I'm saying.
Last time I called you boring you said I was just going with the pack... All I am doing is putting some meat on the bones for you this time.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Supporters of a club that has been challenging Hibs, Hearts and Rangers at the top of the Championship in recent seasons

Interesting take on the word 'challenge', given you finished in the comfortable double digits behind all of those sides. In fact, Falkirk have only finished with a single digit figure behind eventual champions in one season since relegation from the SPL. 

By all means hang onto these fantasies of multiple title challenges if it helps relieve the pain, but given it's actually been a sustained period of chronic underachievement perhaps rivalled only by Clyde in the last decade, I would imagine it's probably best to take your medicine and move on from it. 

5 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Interesting take on the word 'challenge', given you finished in the comfortable double digits behind all of those sides. 

There's also a neat wee irony in there.

In the one season that saw all three of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs in the division, Falkirk even managed to finish behind us, thus missing out on the play-offs.

That last bit's a little like this season in fact.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Interesting take on the word 'challenge', given you finished in the comfortable double digits behind all of those sides. In fact, Falkirk have only finished with a single digit figure behind eventual champions in one season since relegation from the SPL. 
By all means hang onto these fantasies of multiple title challenges if it helps relieve the pain, but given it's actually been a sustained period of chronic underachievement perhaps rivalled only by Clyde in the last decade, I would imagine it's probably best to take your medicine and move on from it. 

A perfect example of how to take a statement and reconfigure it to mean something entirely different.....[emoji54]

Using the bold @Im_Rodger 's criteria for the Premiership predictions about accuracy, where you get 0 points for spot on and 1 point for every place you're out, lowest score wins, I went through a few of the predictions on the spreadsheet I collated at the start of 65 predictions (I did quote my own post  from back then but f**k knows where it's gone)

The best I can see is... err... @Im_Rodger with 12 points and 5 spot on.

On 6/16/2018 at 00:46, Im_Rodger said:

1. Ross County © (P) (0)
————————————————
2. Dundee United (Q-Semi) (0)
————————————————
3. Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Q) (0)
4. Greenock Morton (Q) (1)
————————————————
5. Partick Thistle (1)
6. Falkirk (4)
7. Dunfermline Athletic (0)
8. Ayr United (4)
————————————————
9. Queen of the South (q) (0)
————————————————
10. Alloa Athletic ® (2)

Props also to another Accies fan who got 6 spot on , if only they'd swapped Falkirk and Ayr... 

On 6/30/2018 at 08:11, Accies88 said:

1 Ross County (0)

2 Dundee Utd (0)

3 Inverness (0)

4 Falkirk (6)

5 Morton (0)

6 Partick Thistle (0)

7 Dunfernline (0)

8 Queen of the South (1)

9 Ayr (5)

10 Alloa (2)

The worst was always going to be an overly optimistic Falkirk fan, the others ones that backed Falkirk to win the league at least had County 2nd... 31 points for this. Most that I looked at were in low 20s, Alloa/ Ayr / Falkirk buggered most people to some degree

On 7/30/2018 at 11:50, Rugster said:

Championees.thumb.jpg.d7da2be2604aaf3f872c01d8c0bf4483.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

Using the bold [mention=54005]Im_Rodger[/mention] 's criteria for the Premiership predictions about accuracy, where you get 0 points for spot on and 1 point for every place you're out, lowest score wins, I went through a few of the predictions on the spreadsheet I collated at the start of 65 predictions (I did quote my own post  from back then but f**k knows where it's gone) The best I can see is... err... [mention=54005]Im_Rodger[/mention] with 12 points and 5 spot on.    

Wow, never even checked this.

Honoured to be Joint Premiership Predictior Champion as well as the Championship Predictor champion.

Getting the double will be a day I’ll never forget.

Might be time to change my signature....

Fair play [mention=107]Fuctifano[/mention] for going through all those predictions, I imagine it’s what marking exams would be like.

Also loved your work with the spreadsheets showing the percentage likelihood of Champions, play offs and relegation. (Definitely something I’ve missed from the Premiership forum since Patrick’s relegation.)

Was one of the few threads I kept up with during my time away along with the obvious Accies related threads.