3. Falkirk
4. Thistle
5. ICT
6. Pats
7. Ayr
8. Morton
9. QOS
10. Alloa
Falkirk will be poor first 1/4 but will come strong as season develops. Think DU will know this season is make or broke for them so will be up for it

You will never finish 3rd if you are poor for the first quarter imo. Basing this on what we were like last season. You really need to start getting results after 5 games to be in with a shout.

This season may be a bit different just as 6/7 teams probably have ambitions for promotion and everybody looks like taking points off each other.

Really think the Championship should be getting a lot more promotion in the media as this has potential to be one of the most exciting leagues this season

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 22:27, Fuctifano said:

In terms of league winners, from 65 we have the following predictions:

Falkirk x 5,  4 from Falkirk fans

of the 12 Falkirk fans, 10 have their team in the top 3.

This is ageing well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:37, senorsoupe said:

Other league forums (Premiership, League One) have started threads for early season predictions so I figured I would let the Championship have one.  Here is my (probably very wrong) predictions based on last season and what has transpired in the transfer market thus far.

1. Dundee United

2. Ross County

3. Inverness CT

4. Partick Thistle

5. Greenock Morton

6. Dunfermline Athletic

7. Falkirk

8. Ayr United

9. Queen of the South

10. Alloa Athletic

I held off from entering a prediction as I genuinely didn't have a clue what to expect.

with just over a third of the season gone I reckon it'll end up a little something like this...

1. Dundee United

2. Ross County

3. ICT

4. Ayr United

5. Morton

6. Dunfermline

7. QOTS

8. Partick

9. Falkirk

10. Alloa

Ross County to go up via the playoffs after beating the fun 5-3 on aggregate.

Falkirk to stay up by the skin of their teeth after beating Raith on pens in the playoff final.

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
On 8/28/2018 at 13:16, DAFC. said:
Ayr will not finish above us. That's what I'm saying. 

Should have put a wager on this tbh.

A few seasons back, Ayr were 10 points ahead of us around this time in the season. We finished 20 points ahead. Never underestimate Ayr's ability to f**k up royally! 

On 23/11/2018 at 15:39, Deontay WildPar said:

A few seasons back, Ayr were 10 points ahead of us around this time in the season. We finished 20 points ahead. Never underestimate Ayr's ability to f**k up royally! 

Ayr's season may well be defined by whether they decide to cash in on Shankland in the January window or let him move on for nothing at the season end. 

I suspect it will be the former and with him will go any outside chance they have of winning the league. Whether they can then hold onto a playoff place, who knows. 

Ayr's season may well be defined by whether they decide to cash in on Shankland in the January window or let him move on for nothing at the season end. 
I suspect it will be the former and with him will go any outside chance they have of winning the league. Whether they can then hold onto a playoff place, who knows. 

We won’t cash in on him.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t cash in on him.

If you don't you deserve any success he brings you. Ian McCall said in an interview on BBC that it was going to be a very difficult decision for the club. 

Time alone will tell. 

If you don't you deserve any success he brings you. Ian McCall said in an interview on BBC that it was going to be a very difficult decision for the club. 
Time alone will tell. 

It shouldn’t really be that difficult.

The prize money for finishing in the playoffs will be higher than any transfer fee that a club will be willing to pay for a player with 6 months left on his contract.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We won’t cash in on him.

In theory if a player is still in contract and the club don’t want to sell him then that should be that.  In reality if the player wants to move on because an attractive offer has come in then it can be difficult to keep him.

In theory if a player is still in contract and the club don’t want to sell him then that should be that.  In reality if the player wants to move on because an attractive offer has come in then it can be difficult to keep him.

I think if he was going to force through a move he would’ve done so in the summer.

Also he’ll know that once he’s a free agent he’ll have plenty offers and will be due a decent signing on fee.