Early Season predictions

46 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Last year was £35k for getting to second round. Got an extra £21,500 if any of your knockout games, leading to the final, is on tv.

Group stages -
Worst 4 runners up - £25k
3rd - £21k
4th - £19k
5th - £17k

Group stage TV game - £12.5k.

Would imagine it’s very similar this year.

Nice one.

So going back to the Queens fan who asked the question, Queens get an extra 14k from prize money than say Morton did for finishing 3rd and might make another 10k from the St Johnstone game so 25k extra maybe

To make  a few quid in this competition you really need to draw one of the old firm and/or get to the semis!

Edited by madton

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

When did a Paul Hartley team last finish any higher than 8th in their league? 4 or 5 years ago? Glad to hear he has been on a crash course in successful management over the summer

Similarly astonished to note that anyone at all rates Dundee United's chances. Their fortune depends on how quickly they sack Laslo. 

County will win the league at a canter followed by Dunfermline in 2nd spot. The rest could be in any order, Alloa excepted. I think Ayr and Queens will both be comfortably safe on the evidence of their league cup goalscoring form. Caley, Falkirk and Morton in contention for most disappointing 'big team' come May. 

Still very hard to predict as I am sure Archibald still has some cracking signings up his sleeve for us to fill the glaringly obvious weaknesses all over the pitch* having had since May to hone his masterplan, and everyone else is still bringing folk in too, but I'll revise my prediction to the following, based on the assumption that Ross County will be nudged towards the top by their sugar uncle.

*Actually, I'm sure he doesn't.

Scot-Championship-predictor-c87190458984edd84a2bbb3f72629633.jpg

Edited by VictorOnopko

2 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

That's why I put 'big team' in brackets. I basically meant team with delusions of grandeur who's fans will spit the dummy when it doesn't go their way. 

Mate, no disrespect and i don't mean this in a bad way but I've got y-fronts with more history than your team.

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

whit.gif.eb7e3d32fa381141082f55174d1a5c44.gif

To be fair, Morton have won pure hunners of leagues and cups, including a crucial bottom tier championship which, as was explained to us earlier in this very thread, casts a long shadow over the likes of Ayr.

14 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Mate, no disrespect and i don't mean this in a bad way but I've got y-fronts with more history than your team.

None taken, although i'd remind you that we would have a significantly more impressive national history if there hadn't been a closed shop for half the country for decades. Our lack of access to the leagues kinda made it hard to make an impact, you know? 

I wouldn't be surprised if we get relegated to be absolutely honest.  We are a shower.

If County don't stroll the league they should disband their club and all commit seppeku in the centre circle at the end of the season.

Ross County
Dunfermline
Partick
ICT
Ayr United
Dundee United
QotS
Morton
Falkirk
Alloa

Predicting Ayr to be pushing for promotion all the way to March but become distracted by going League cup/Scottish Cup double [emoji6], In all seriousness Ayr will shock a lot of people this year.

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get relegated to be absolutely honest.  We are a shower.

If County don't stroll the league they should disband their club and all commit seppeku in the centre circle at the end of the season.

Absolutely no excuse from County not to be promoted.  Will be a massive failure if they aren't in the Premiership next season.

Nice one.
So going back to the Queens fan who asked the question, Queens get an extra 14k from prize money than say Morton did for finishing 3rd and might make another 10k from the St Johnstone game so 25k extra maybe
To make  a few quid in this competition you really need to draw one of the old firm and/or get to the semis!
For us i do feel like a successful squad, capable of challenging the playoffs comes off the back of a successful league cup campaign. With the extra money available and still the possibility of advancement, i hope that our squad is further strengthened.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

When did a Paul Hartley team last finish any higher than 8th in their league? 4 or 5 years ago? 

Which would be the last time he had a full season at this level, when his team won the title. Greasy, permaseething, obese mess he may be, but his record in management isn't bad.

If the current stack of ringers at Falkirk aren't up to much then he'll rage quit in November though. 

Edited by vikingTON