Early Season predictions

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

There are worse places than Dumfries but the high street is an embarassment and attacks in the towm seem to be happening more than I can ever remember. I'd sooner walk in the 'rougher' areas than the town centre at night.

The Sevco vote is still a sore point whenever I think about it and some folk are still convinced our crowds have suffered slightly ever since.

Aye? I was pished for the most part but I don't remember the high street being that bad, not as nice as some smaller towns near the boarders on the east coast but not bad. 

Aye? I was pished for the most part but I don't remember the high street being that bad, not as nice as some smaller towns near the boarders on the east coast but not bad. 

It's not extreme or a particularly dangerous place it just seems there are more incidents than I can ever remember. A few months back there was something every week for a while. One case was a young lassie up the street who had her hair literally pulled from her scalp. Photos circulated but it wasn't something I particularly wanted to see. By all accounts it happened when said lassie had commented to two other girls she thought their hair looked nice!

Plenty of crackpots in the place. I much prefer drinking during the day in Dumfries. Some cracking old pubs where you can get some mental but decent conversation during the day.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

All great achievements that'll be worth telling the grandkids about. Good on them.

All much better than what your rabble have managed to 'achieve' since spunking your budget on Dobbie two years ago. Gutted for you.

1502716626880.jpg.cbaca9977e9c219de764bcdd764e1466.jpg

All much better than what your rabble have managed to 'achieve' since spunking your budget on Dobbie two years ago. Gutted for you.

I've watched my side in a Scottish Cup final and in Europe. I'm afraid that trumps what you've witnessed your (much bigger) club ever do. Gutting for me.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Can you freshen up your memes when making your point please. You've used same one 4 or 5 times in a row. Kind of loses its comedy value. 

Oh and Dobbie is one of the top three players in the division. To say he is the best can be debated absolutely. He is .of course but don't let my opinion get in the way of a good debate and the presentation of facts.

A question for you. If a Greenock Morton benefactor said there was an opportunity to sign Dobbie (2 years ago) and it wouldn't affect the standard budget you would say no to such a deal because of the reasons you have stated in the thread? Bearing in mind my fellow doonhamers have conceded we haven't got a decent squad to fully support him and he has been played in formations that haven't maximised his potential. (yet still top scored two seasons in a row). Also bear in mind you pointed out that the Morton squad is altogether stronger and better assembled, so in theory would better support Dobbie and perhaps you would of finished higher than Queen of the South last season for example. We go into every single game with a decent chance of result because he as an individual is one of the best players in the division. 

If we had the best player in the league- a striker- I'd expect them to score against the top 5 teams in the league in more than 2 matches out of 17 attempts over a season.

Maybe that's just me though.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not extreme or a particularly dangerous place it just seems there are more incidents than I can ever remember. A few months back there was something every week for a while. One case was a young lassie up the street who had her hair literally pulled from her scalp. Photos circulated but it wasn't something I particularly wanted to see. By all accounts it happened when said lassie had commented to two other girls she thought their hair looked nice!

Plenty of crackpots in the place. I much prefer drinking during the day in Dumfries. Some cracking old pubs where you can get some mental but decent conversation during the day.

It was Kenny Deuchars wife that got scalped. It was horrific.

If we had the best player in the league- a striker- I'd expect them to score against the top 5 teams in the league in more than 2 matches out of 17 attempts over a season.
Maybe that's just me though.

Where would you rank Clark in the list of best strikers in the division ? When you compare them on past 2 seasons it does seem a bit mental to criticise Dobbie for lack of goals against the top 5 when you consider Clark only scored 3 goals in his first season ( 2 Morton , 1 Falkirk) and 3 again last season (1 st mirren, 1 Dundee Utd and 1 Inverness) against the top 5 teams.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've watched my side in a Scottish Cup final and in Europe. I'm afraid that trumps what you've witnessed your (much bigger) club ever do. Gutting for me.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed champ, which suggests that you're all out of blustering excuses for the Dobbie-led failure of your past two campaigns. 

Better luck next time. 

14 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

A question for you. If a Greenock Morton benefactor said there was an opportunity to sign Dobbie (2 years ago) and it wouldn't affect the standard budget you would say no to such a deal because of the reasons you have stated in the thread?

A hypothetical that doesn't actually exist in the real world. Signing Dobbie or any other player affects your wage budget as that's wages that could be going on having a good squad. Which is what I would take every single time over being a crap one-man band like Queen of the South have been since securing their bloated marquee signingTM

We go into every single game with a decent chance of result because he as an individual is one of the best players in the division. 

You quite clearly don't, given that several better teams in the division have swatted you aside with ease each season.  And will do so again this time round. 

Unlucky. 

Nothing is being "discussed" as you quitr clearly can't seem to grasp that Dobbie's wages are paid outwith our budget. Nice side-step though, our wee diddy team achieving more in your lifetime than 'The Famous'. That's gotta sting, right enough.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nothing is being "discussed"

Don't think you quite understand how a forum works then champ. 

as you quitr clearly can't seem to grasp that Dobbie's wages are paid outwith our budget.

Leaving your furious head thumping of the keyboard to one side, this is still complete and utter bollocks. Dobbie is quite clearly an element in your club's wage budget - money that you could be spending on your absolute shithouse of a squad is going to a washed-up forward instead. That's a choice that your club has made and it has proven to be an utter failure on every count. 

No amount of revisionism is going to change that fact. 

Nice side-step though, our wee diddy team achieving more in your lifetime than 'The Famous'. That's gotta sting, right enough.

Not really, seeing as The Famous have spent fully 144 years effortlessly lording it over permaddidy outfits like yours. Get back in your box. 

Yeah, again you've failed to grasp what has been highlighted numerous times about his wages.

144 years of decent history and the best you've witnessed is a semi-final. Something my diddy side has more than trumped in my own lifetime. "Gutted for you".

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nothing is being "discussed" as you quitr clearly can't seem to grasp that Dobbie's wages are paid outwith our budget. Nice side-step though, our wee diddy team achieving more in your lifetime than 'The Famous'. That's gotta sting, right enough.

I got fed up trying to point out that Dobbie's wages don't impact t on our playing budget.  I think we should give this thread back to discussing people's predictions and move the Dobbie discussion to a more relevant thread. 

In the last two seasons under a tactical dinosaur of a manager, Morton have still reached the promotion play-offs, a League Cup semi-final and the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup; Queen of the South and Stephen Dobbie have achieved absolutely nothing of note in the same period. Reaping the rewards indeed - in fact our League Cup run alone was worth several hundred thousand pounds to the club. 
Gutted for you. 

^^^matters

^^^matters

^^^ Doesnt matter and is nothing to do with the arguement...

Sone top trolling or some piss poor arguing going on here.....