Early Season predictions

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Seeing as you don't have 8 games against Brechin and Dumbarton, not many. 

He's scored a few times against full time teams.

I hear Dunfermline fans are getting themselves into a frenzy over a former player returning who has only ever scored regularly in League One!

11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

He's scored a few times against full time teams.

I hear Dunfermline fans are getting themselves into a frenzy over a former player returning who has only ever scored regularly in League One!

My missus said I took El Bak's departure worse than the death of various friends and relatives. He was a special lad. 

MCBOOKIE ODDS RELEASED:-

Dundee United 3/1

Partick Thistle 3/1

Ross County 3/1

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 6/1

Falkirk 9/1

Dunfermline Athletic 9/1

Greenock Morton 20/1

Queen of the South 25/1

Ayr United 66/1

Alloa Athletic 100/1

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Partick Thistle's squad looks dreadful.

But who knows? If they amass more points than the other teams in the league they will win the title.

47E3D42B-0602-44B9-B3F3-5FAC44E90EF5.thumb.jpeg.8b7b9f991d961979b1f393117ba8ebe8.jpeg

I think Ayr will be the surprise package this season and challenge for, if not reach, a playoff spot. They scored loads of goals last season and appear to have kept the players who contributed to their swashbuckling style.

Queen of the South seem to have been tipped by most to struggle and I agree looking at their squad and lack of quality signings. Dobbie looked finished last season so I can't see where their goals are going to come from. Alloa should save them from bottom spot in any case.

3 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I think Ayr will be the surprise package this season and challenge for, if not reach, a playoff spot. They scored loads of goals last season and appear to have kept the players who contributed to their swashbuckling style.

Queen of the South seem to have been tipped by most to struggle and I agree looking at their squad and lack of quality signings. Dobbie looked finished last season so I can't see where their goals are going to come from. Alloa should save them from bottom spot in any case.

If Dobbie looked finished last season I must have dreamt that he finished Divisions top scorer and was among the  final 4 nominees  for Championship PotY.  

Hankins and Dobbie could be brilliant or inconsistent. Two players capable of winning a game and with the right players to do the running for them QOTS could click.

Dobbie was the most impressive and accomplished player at EEP last season during the 2-5 drubbing. We gave him space and every pass was deadly.

23 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If the season ran from late May until early July, Falkirk would stroll it every year. 

As would you guys if it ran for a couple months in winter. 

17 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is this poster ok, I hadn't realised they legalised cannabis yet for medicinal purposes?

Hankins and Dobbie could be brilliant or inconsistent. Two players capable of winning a game and with the right players to do the running for them QOTS could click.
Dobbie was the most impressive and accomplished player at EEP last season during the 2-5 drubbing. We gave him space and every pass was deadly.
I expect it was a wind-up by Szamo. I agree with you about Harkins. We get Harkins of Ayr and we've signed a passenger, Harkins of Morton and it's a cracking addition.

Questioning Dobbie's consistency is a bit harsh though. He's went through spells in the last two years with us where he hasn't got on the scoresheet yet he's still be the top scorer both seasons. He'll rattle them in once again next season to hopefully help us avoid the drop.

Take away goals against the bottom 3 dross last season, Dobbie only scored in four other matches.

Against the top 5 he scored in 2 of 17 appearances: one match against St Mirren and another against Dunfermline and didn't get on the scoreshert against Livingston, Dundee United or Inverness all season.

St Mirren- 1 goal in 3 appearances

Livi- 0 goals in 4 appearances

Dundee United- 0 goals in 3 appearances

Dunfermline- 3 goals in 3 appearances (failed to score in 2/3)

Inverness- 0 goals in 4 appearances

He'll probably rattle in 20 goals against Alloa but against teams at the upper end of the table he is finished.