Early Season predictions

On 16/06/2018 at 10:31, DeeBairn said:

10 Falkirk

All predictions within an error of + or - 9 spaces.

And yes, they are all blank, possibly the daftest time of the season to be doing this. Could have waited until after the pre-season cup groups kicked off.

54 minutes ago, parslad said:

Here you, I'll have you know we are having a signing extravaganza tomorrow, and given that you and Utd have already hoovered up all the dross, it should be fun.

Agree it's far too early for this. So here goes:

1. Ross County   a Highland title battle

2. Inverness CT

3. Dundee Utd   great some weeks, poor others. Inconsistent

4. Morton  will be up there most of the season and will take points off everybody

5. Dunfermline Athletic  on alphabetical order ahead of Falkirk  not enough space

7. Ayr Utd  the surprise package. Play-off position for a few months but will fall away

8. Partick Thistle  a tough season rebuilding but find form at the end

9. Queen Of the South  a struggle sadly

10. Alloa Athletic    will be competitive in many games but just not good enough

37 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Dunfermline are edging way ahead on the ugly stakes...

Player wise, maybe.

As far as the fans are concerned, going by what I saw when the playoffs were televised I'd say Thistle have a pretty high munter quotient.

Nae offence, like.

it kind of feels intuitively like we're going to draw a lot over the coming season from the sheer scale of the rebuild we've got to do - from a quick check on wiki it would apear we drew 9 games the last time we won the 2nd tier outright, so I'd certainly fancy us to draw 10+ games over the full season this time around. Where that'll take us and whether we can shake off some of the nasty habits we've got (thinking particularly of us chucking a crazy amount of points away when winning, along with failing to turn matches we find ourselves losing in around into draws/wins), f**k knows.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely