Deluded or incompetent

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Walking talking advert for joining the pyramid. The funny part is clubs voted him in including some of the pro pyramid crowd who ran away and left him standing.

When did this happen?

He's appointed, not elected isn't he?

30 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Reading between the lines when he says they will learn from it, I can see a new rules coming in regarding leaving. 

To which clubs surely do not have to accept - we're always told the SJFA is the membership.

It would surely also be unenforceable were it to be brought in; a club wanting to move leagues could leave a token colt team behind for the notice period or even just fold and then spontaneously reform as a phoenix club in the new structure.

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

It would surely also be unenforceable were it to be brought in; a club wanting to move leagues could leave a token colt team behind for the notice period or even just fold and then spontaneously reform as a phoenix club in the new structure.

.......or simply leave. The SJFA could do hee haw about it.

Omg. Deluded! He did nothing to try and convince east teams to stay and reading this article it seems he was only concerned about west teams anyway.

It reads like he was happy there are east, west, north divides instead of being one joined up association! This is where all the problems stemmed from.

He'll learn all right because now he has to try and get his beloved west region in at this 6 or be below those scoundrels from east of falkirk being ahead of them because they wouldn't put up with procrastination and pie in the sky solutions.

I never wanted to leave the juniors but I do want to see my club survive and this was unfortunately the ONLY option.

Rather than talking to newspapers, he should be trying to figure out a fair system for compiling league fixtures up until Christmas! You know, where teams play HAHAHA and don't play the same team twice in a month.

30 minutes ago, The Nightfly said:

Rather than talking to newspapers, he should be trying to figure out a fair system for compiling league fixtures up until Christmas! You know, where teams play HAHAHA and don't play the same team twice in a month.

Tom Johnston has nothing to do with allocating fixtures.

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

Tom Johnston has nothing to do with allocating fixtures.

Correct but he could influence the problem that has led to fixture Secretary's being unable to issue a schedule to Christmas, Scottish Junior Cup replays in the early rounds and also play them earlier to avoid winter postponements. This was proposed at the AGM in 2008 but thrown out. TJ then threw this into the spotlight 2 years ago in a Sun article along wit talk of summer football but nothing was ever put to the table. The "holy grail" the Scottish Cup could perhaps be the death of the Junior grade by those unwilling to change and see the massive positives of no replays in rounds 1-4.  Personally I think it would add excitement should a big side go to penalties in the first tie and would make headlines either way. Maybe that is too precious to some of the big clubs but heading towards being lost now. Sad

No, I think that on that particular aspect it is seen to be that a replay would be more beneficial to a "wee" team if they were to battle out a draw away from home to one of the "big" boys. That is to say, try your best to get the three thousand Talbot supporters back to your place for another shared gate.

What a fucking w****r TJ is does he not understand clubs are leaving because they don't want to be part of what has previously been done! I really loved Clydebank being part of the Juniors and didn't want to return Senior but the incompetence of the governing body has ground me down to the point I am gutted we didn't leave this year! I have really enjoyed the hospitality at so many grounds and clubs and hope they move with us into hopefully a more organised and progressive set-up. I certainly hope we would not be part of a pyramid setup where TJ and his cronies were ruling the roost, I would rather travel through to Eyemouth!

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

No, I think that on that particular aspect it is seen to be that a replay would be more beneficial to a "wee" team if they were to battle out a draw away from home to one of the "big" boys. That is to say, try your best to get the three thousand Talbot supporters back to your place for another shared gate.

I'm sure you're being tongue in cheek but you don't really get the (comparitively) large travelling supports in the early rounds that we're talking about here. And more often than not the bigger side will get through after a replay. With the gate being split, the effect of any travelling support is immediately halved anyway, as far as the 'wee' team is concerned. Bottom line re: Junior Cup is that is a loss maker for almost all concerned, local derbies among rivals excepted (reduced travel, bigger crowd a possibility).

The west cup being delivered to medda park wrapped in a lidl plastic bag says everything they don't give a flying f**k about the grade it's being left to rot by incompetent arseholes in charge. If the grade has any slim chance of survival it needs a fresh outlook starting by replacing everyone of the blazers immediately 

On 13/06/2018 at 17:44, kenny131 said:

Reading between the lines when he says they will learn from it, I can see a new rules coming in regarding leaving. 

He's now playing the bluffing game. He's holding two jokers and kidding on he's still got pocket aces.  Anything he does to make things harder for clubs to leave will just hammer down the lid on his coffin.

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

The west cup being delivered to medda park wrapped in a lidl plastic bag 

:lol:

I fucking love this forum.

Archived