East Region re-structuring

Griffin

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It might be specified in the SFA constitution as the east, west and north superleague winners rather than the east, west and north region champions, and if so they have a point.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1779/scottish-cup-rules-2017-18.pdf

Rule 6 (a) Eligible Scottish Junior Football Association clubs will be restricted to the winners of the North, West and East Junior League Championships and the Scottish Junior Football Association Cup.

(c) The winners of the East of Scotland Football League and South of Scotland Football League Championships will be permitted to enter the Competition, irrespective of their membership status with the Scottish FA.

So all you need to do is have a play-off and the winner claims the championship title and Scottish Cup place (like the EoS are doing).

Rule 6 (a) Eligible Scottish Junior Football Association clubs will be restricted to the winners of the North, West and East Junior League Championships and the Scottish Junior Football Association Cup.
© The winners of the East of Scotland Football League and South of Scotland Football League Championships will be permitted to enter the Competition, irrespective of their membership status with the Scottish FA.
So all you need to do is have a play-off and the winner claims the championship title and Scottish Cup place (like the EoS are doing).
No surprise the East Region don't know the rules. The SFA don't care how the Champions are arrived at.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

If the structure is confirmed have the teams also been confirmed.

Ie the north end and pumpherston (rightly so in my opinion) ranking above kirrie, whitburn and Bathgate.

Also I'm not sure if you are actually stating which of the actual relegation options. Number of fixtures etc was adopted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

None were adoted Al this is for AGM

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I think that is probably a pile of nonsense.  Why would the SFA care about what the league is called or how it is structured?  Afterall, the EoSFL Champion will be via a play-off and if they are unlicenced they will still enter the Scottish Cup.

Possibly written into a document somewhere that "Superleague" champions gain entry to WH Scottish Cup and the committee covering all bases by making sure a Superleague stil exists 

Sensible approach I would have thought as I could imagine how they would be castigated on here if the cup place was lost on a technicality of changing the league name.

26 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
34 minutes ago, Ginaro said:
© The winners of the East of Scotland Football League and South of Scotland Football League Championships will be permitted to enter the Competition, irrespective of their membership status with the Scottish FA.

No surprise the East Region don't know the rules. The SFA don't care how the Champions are arrived at.

And therefore no harm in continuing calling the league Superleague 

Thanks for clearing that up

5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Possibly written into a document somewhere that "Superleague" champions gain entry to WH Scottish Cup and the committee covering all bases by making sure a Superleague stil exists 

Sensible approach I would have thought as I could imagine how they would be castigated on here if the cup place was lost on a technicality of changing the league name.

Well Ginaro found the rules with a 2 minute internet search, surely they could have done that instead of assuming and then base a whole restructure around something they have got wrong.

The SFA don't care how the ERJFA decide on its Champion club (that should have been obvious), therefore a two region structure with a play-off to find a winner should be on the table as an option for clubs to vote on, and it can be called anything they want.  Shambles as usual.

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well Ginaro found the rules with a 2 minute internet search, surely they could have done that instead of assuming and then base a whole restructure around something they have got wrong.

The SFA don't care how the ERJFA decide on its Champion club (that should have been obvious), therefore a two region structure with a play-off to find a winner should be on the table as an option for clubs to vote on, and it can be called anything they want.  Shambles as usual.

Given they didn't know how many teams entered their own Cup it's perhaps unsurprising the grasp of external cup entry rules was a bit shaky too. 

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I bow to your superior knowledge on the SFA policies as I can't quote them ad verbatim. 

I did however ask that we keep this thread positive about the restructuring and not get dragged into the maelstrom that exists elsewhere. 

The guys on the committee are doing their best to pull together a league structure to keep the likes of me, a junior football committee member and supporter, happy. It isn't perfect and it maybe isn't ideal but they have to make the best of what is now the East Region of Junior football in Scotland at very short notice. 

Could things have been handled better? Undoubtedly yes but they can't be changed now so we need to move forwards.

I wish every team that has entered the EOSFL well for the future, they have made a decision to move that they feel is best for their clubs and quite rightly so. However the time for mis-crying the Junior game is over. It is frankly tiresome and I for one will not engage in any further posts that put the grade down. 

I look forward to a positive future, which for me means attending a multitude of games where Newburgh will win, lose or draw, we will meet new faces and old faces visit grounds we have been to before and new grounds for the first time and enjoy supporting my local club. Who knows what the future will bring....

I bow to your superior knowledge on the SFA policies as I can't quote them ad verbatim. 
I did however ask that we keep this thread positive about the restructuring and not get dragged into the maelstrom that exists elsewhere. 
The guys on the committee are doing their best to pull together a league structure to keep the likes of me, a junior football committee member and supporter, happy. It isn't perfect and it maybe isn't ideal but they have to make the best of what is now the East Region of Junior football in Scotland at very short notice. 
Could things have been handled better? Undoubtedly yes but they can't be changed now so we need to move forwards.
I wish every team that has entered the EOSFL well for the future, they have made a decision to move that they feel is best for their clubs and quite rightly so. However the time for mis-crying the Junior game is over. It is frankly tiresome and I for one will not engage in any further posts that put the grade down. 
I look forward to a positive future, which for me means attending a multitude of games where Newburgh will win, lose or draw, we will meet new faces and old faces visit grounds we have been to before and new grounds for the first time and enjoy supporting my local club. Who knows what the future will bring....
Its not negative to highlight that they could at least get the basics right and not withdraw options on league restructure based on false information, and people wonder why clubs left?

I hope the remaining clubs get to vote on all options and they come up with the right structure for them to see them through the season.

Interesting Griffin that is you that is posting.

Newburgh will have the most upheaval of all teams (unless kinnoull end up shifted) with in effect moving from north to south.

I take it you embrace that ?

Is it 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other ?

It certainly is more reflective of who you are likely to be squaring up to in season's to come.

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Interesting Griffin that is you that is posting.

Newburgh will have the most upheaval of all teams (unless kinnoull end up shifted) with in effect moving from north to south.

I take it you embrace that ?

Is it 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other ?

It certainly is more reflective of who you are likely to be squaring up to in season's to come.

We will face more travel in the South than the North. I don't see this as a problem and can't understand why it always seems to be raised as an issue. Surely every team want to progress and move up the leagues which in doing so will bring extra travel with the de-regionalising of the upper league structure in the Superleague.

This can also be mitigated with possibly taking a minibus to the longer away journeys to transport the majority of the team cutting down on player travel expense.

It really is only 6 journeys a season across the Forth that will add the miles.

We lose the connection to the Tayside teams but in saying that we lost the connection to almost all of the Fife teams in the last shuffle. 

Swings and roundabouts

1 hour ago, pumphy_man said:

Looking forward to visiting Newburgh Griffin for our friendly on 28th July never been to Newburgh if my memory serves me correct I think we played you before in cup tie losing on pens I think.

Looking forward to meeting you all - I think we played about 10 years ago in the Fife & Lothians and I think you are right it was decided on penalties.

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Looking forward to meeting you all - I think we played about 10 years ago in the Fife & Lothians and I think you are right it was decided on penalties.

Your keeper was well built and hero in shootout.

Having re-read the proposals for the AGM next Tuesday I like the make up of the re-vamped East Region cup.
Additional fixtures against teams from outside your own league.
Interesting...

Think that the East have made a positive move with the structure and Cup changes. Something new and fresh. Two big Leagues would create some big anomalies with top 2-3 v bottom 2-3 so 3 x 12 works better and the East Region Cup is a cracking idea. I think the only other thing might have been a third bottom play off v the runners up in the feeder Leagues or even 3 down. That may still get voted in I suppose. Well done for making a negative thing turn out better

Archived