Premier League 2018-19

Sounds more of an additional, customer service based role than an actual steward.  The job title's a total Dychism though and helps the continued devaluation of the word hero. The 2012 Olympics 'gamesmaker' was bad enough but this is toe curlingly awful. Can see why the club are asking for unpaid volunteers but it does grind the gears a bit given the money in the game and Burnley not exactly being the most affluent of places. Still, the biggest aresholes are the idiots that'll choose to work for free. Fans are their own worst enemies at times.

43 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Sounds more of an additional, customer service based role than an actual steward.  The job title's a total Dychism though and helps the continued devaluation of the word hero. The 2012 Olympics 'gamesmaker' was bad enough but this is toe curlingly awful. Can see why the club are asking for unpaid volunteers but it does grind the gears a bit given the money in the game and Burnley not exactly being the most affluent of places. Still, the biggest aresholes are the idiots that'll choose to work for free. Fans are their own worst enemies at times.

Ach let folk volunteer if they want to do it. They’ll get a free jacket and other bits and bobs and be quite happy. 

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Cardiff 22/1 to beat Man City this weekend. Has any home team ever been such long odds to win a match in the top flight? 

www.football-data.co.uk

If you can be bothered trawling through the spreadsheets, you'd get an answer there. I had the same thought and if it's not, it can't be far off. Imagine what price they'll be at the Etihad :lol:

ETA: Also found this piece on Burnley at Man City last season, but it references Sunderland going off at 22/1 at home to Arsenal in the 2016/17 season as the previous longest price.

https://www.williamhillplc.com/newsmedia/newsroom/media-releases/2017/burnley-are-longest-odds-in-premier-league-history-etihad-to-witness-another-goalfest

Edited by lanky_ffc

Cardiff 22/1 to beat Man City this weekend. Has any home team ever been such long odds to win a match in the top flight? 
i might put a couple of quid on that. city were shocking against lyon and the game against cardiff will go one of two ways. a cardiff hammering to make amends for it or they will be pish again and cardiff will sneak it. very unlikely a home win but worth £2.

just reading there about pochettino saying he might be sacked with spurs recent form and it got me wondering? should he walk away now whilst his stock in the game is so high? has he taken spurs as far as he can?

the spurs starting 11 is quality, of that there is no doubt, but looking at the rest of there squad it is very thin. thats been obvious with through the demise of any title challenge they have attempted in the last few years. im dure behind closed doors he is livid with levey that there was no transfer activity this summer.

with chelsea strengthening this summer and having a new manager i think there place in the top 4 is seriously under threat. surely he cant take them any further?

thoughts?

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:

just reading there about pochettino saying he might be sacked with spurs recent form and it got me wondering? should he walk away now whilst his stock in the game is so high? has he taken spurs as far as he can?

the spurs starting 11 is quality, of that there is no doubt, but looking at the rest of there squad it is very thin. thats been obvious with through the demise of any title challenge they have attempted in the last few years. im dure behind closed doors he is livid with levey that there was no transfer activity this summer.

with chelsea strengthening this summer and having a new manager i think there place in the top 4 is seriously under threat. surely he cant take them any further?

thoughts?

There's a very fine line between continuity, and going stale and predictable. Spurs are hovering around that line, we'll see as the season goes on which side they end up on. I still think they will finish 4th. 3 weeks ago after beating Man Utd people were talking about them being challengers.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Guest DAVIDB69

There's a very fine line between continuity, and going stale and predictable. Spurs are hovering around that line, we'll see as the season goes on which side they end up on. I still think they will finish 4th. 3 weeks ago after beating Man Utd people were talking about them being challengers.

Yes they are still better than man united

Think the thing with spurs is that as you say, starting 11 is fine, but the quality isnt there in the depth of the squad. There seems to be this (maybe) misunderstanding that if they have a strong and settled starting 11, they can drill and drill until every player knows exactly what is required in each position. But they dont know how to adapt to things if it all starts going wrong and teams figure them out. Dont know if they are going to end up like arsenal with a certain way of playing, but not adapting to other teams different strengths.