Premier League 2018-19

Just catching up with yesterdays highlights on MOTD here are some observations.

What a game Ryan Fraser had for Bournemouth, as a fellow short guy I always love to see short guys do really well and he was brilliant yesterday.

Eden Hazard is phenomenal when he's allowed to express himself, Sarri has given him a lot of creative freedom and he's been absolutely brilliant to start the season.

Man United really are average aren't they? Watford really should have had something from that game. Plus those pink away shirts are god awful. 

Even though I watched Spurs vs. Liverpool, the highlight package just shows how terrible Spurs were yesterday, playing like a pub team while Liverpool will need to be more clinical if they are going to do compete for a title, Man City will not gift them chances the way Spurs did yesterday.  

Man City are scary good, make any mistakes against them and you are sunk, only Fulham's goalie kept that scoreline relatively respectable.  Even though Liverpool and Chelsea are ahead at the moment, I can't see Man City losing the title over 38 games.

Arsenal, like Man Utd. look decidedly average.  A win was probably the right result for them but Newcastle aren't very good either

What a game Ryan Fraser had for Bournemouth, as a fellow short guy I always love to see short guys do really well and he was brilliant yesterday.
Eden Hazard is phenomenal when he's allowed to express himself, Sarri has given him a lot of creative freedom and he's been absolutely brilliant to start the season.
 Man United really are average aren't they? Watford really should have had something from that game. Plus those pink away shirts are god awful. 
Even though I watched Spurs vs. Liverpool, the highlight package just shows how terrible Spurs were yesterday, playing like a pub team while Liverpool will need to be more clinical if they are going to do compete for a title, Man City will not gift them chances the way Spurs did yesterday.  
Man City are scary good, make any mistakes against them and you are sunk, only Fulham's goalie kept that scoreline relatively respectable.  Even though Liverpool and Chelsea are ahead at the moment, I can't see Man City losing the title over 38 games.
Arsenal, like Man Utd. look decidedly average.  A win was probably the right result for them but Newcastle aren't very good either
Watching the Bournemouth game I wondered if we could play Fraser as a number 10. Was making good runs from deep and wasn't just staying on one wing.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Watching the Bournemouth game I wondered if we could play Fraser as a number 10. Was making good runs from deep and wasn't just staying on one wing.

Possibly, he definitely looks better in a more attacking role than as wing back where McLeish had him

As a Spurs ‘fan’ of sorts, that performance yesterday has been coming for a while and will likely be repeated unless Poch gets a settled team. He needs to get all his centre midfielders fit, stop rotating the full backs as often, and most importantly IMO, find a way of fitting Moura and Son into his starting 11 as there is next to no pace in their play. Looked really slow and lethargic yesterday.

11 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
12 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I'd guess he'll play where Russell was. 

I was at Newcastle V Arsenal on Saturday and the quality from both teams was absolutely rotten. Such basic mistakes and sloppy passing from both teams, particularly from Newcastle's midfield and Arsenal's defence. I've not seen a game as bad as that in Scotland this season.

If Mustafi or Diame had put in that performance while playing in Scotland then one of the LAD accounts would have thousands of retweets mocking Scottish football by now.

1 hour ago, Coooombe said:

I was at Newcastle V Arsenal on Saturday and the quality from both teams was absolutely rotten. Such basic mistakes and sloppy passing from both teams, particularly from Newcastle's midfield and Arsenal's defence. I've not seen a game as bad as that in Scotland this season.

If Mustafi or Diame had put in that performance while playing in Scotland then one of the LAD accounts would have thousands of retweets mocking Scottish football by now.

Behave.