Premier League 2018-19

1-0 win for Spurs ... procession and foregone conclusion ? 

Not sure what you mean about procession but was never a foregone conclusion for me. Watford have started the season fairly well and I still think Spurs lack strength in depth. Strength in general actually for playing the likes of Watford with guys like Perrera who can play a bit but also guys like Deeney who can batter you.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Not sure what you mean about procession but was never a foregone conclusion for me. Watford have started the season fairly well and I still think Spurs lack strength in depth. Strength in general actually for playing the likes of Watford with guys like Perrera who can play a bit but also guys like Deeney who can batter you.

I just figured there would be something missing from the run of the mill EPL stuff ... :D 

Burnley boss Sean Dyche speaking to BBC Sport:"Disappointment is quickly thought about in the same process as the reality. Manchester United are a very good side - they started hard and fast with the ball and defended strong.

"Sometimes there is balance to the disappointment. We got about them - the goal on half-time is a sickener for us. I thought Lukaku was excellent. It's a strange one because we come out of a useful period for experience but a tough period."

What the f**k does any of that even mean? 

Spurs lack of consistency showing through again. Great result monday, then came to Watford, maybe thought it would be a forgone conclusion and looks like they were bullied and didn’t fancy it. Bit like arsenal last year. Speaking of arsenal, think that chec might be dropped now. Maybe emry has given him up to the international break to see if he can play out from the back, but its clearly not his strong point.

Lukakus pace against that burnley defence was frightening as well.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Spurs lack of consistency showing through again. Great result monday, then came to Watford, maybe thought it would be a forgone conclusion and looks like they were bullied and didn’t fancy it. Bit like arsenal last year. Speaking of arsenal, think that chec might be dropped now. Maybe emry has given him up to the international break to see if he can play out from the back, but its clearly not his strong point.

Lukakus pace against that burnley defence was frightening as well.

There was some merit in the comment from Jenas on MOTD2 that Spurs don`t grind out wins when they don`t play well. 

21 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

There was some merit in the comment from Jenas on MOTD2 that Spurs don`t grind out wins when they don`t play well. 

Exactly this. They have a couple of midfielders that can do the dirty work and put a foothold on the game (Dembele and Wanyama) but one is inconsistent and both are injury prone. Poch needs to settle on his fullbacks too and quit rotating. Trippier and Davies first choice for me, although in Davies case he's not looked as sharp so far this season. Would still have him in ahead of Danny Rose though. I like Poch as a manager and I'm loathe to criticize him but thought he got his tactics/formation wrong yesterday. The three man central defense wasn't necessary and would've been better employing that 'spare' player in a front three.  

45 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Evening ...  ;)

064A09EA-D0AC-40C8-B5D9-EF7C7E97E9BE.png

I think that was my favourite season in recent memory. Not just in England, but in Scotland, Spain then a brilliant World Cup. 

There was fair bit optimism surrounding the national team back then too. 

On 03/09/2018 at 00:12, 7-2 said:

Unreal he didn't get a red card as well. Mee should have gone too. 

Agree totally. Could Bardsley get charged for sticking the head on Rashford? The ref seemed to have missed it. 

There was little contact in both incidents. The laws are tougher now and are taking some of the passion out of the game. Roy Keane would have got many more red cards if today's laws had applied to him. 

• 2 weeks later...