Premier League 2018-19

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Pretty much, and generally I’m along the same type of thinking. Old Firm fans are the real exception for me though, because they tend to have the arrogance to have a go at small club “diddy” supporters for actually supporting their local team. Coming out with phrases like “why would you watch them, they’re shite”. Winning is not what football is about for me, and the idea of disregarding my current club for being shite, or picking a club based on them being good seems mental.

That sort of attitude is more to do with being a c**t though, rather than reasons for picking a team though. And given the OF basically panders to bigots and arseholes, that's to be expected.

I don't think anyone should be derided for an easy option at all.

50 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Have we all finally reached a truce on this thread?

It has been a long battle, and there have been many many casualties along the way,  but we are there :)

VE Day 31st August 2018

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Successful and were absolutely brilliant  to watch. Add in the atmosphere at the games and you are hooked. I definitely get the frustration of smaller teams though. Then again, as is mentioned above, there’s another even smaller local team that they will probably driven past on the way.  

I know what you mean. I've got to drive past Parkhead to get to Firhill these days.

Is there a single fixture in this weekends Premier League that is a game you'd look forward to as a neutral? Apart from maybe today's early game Leicester v Liverpool, they all look a bit dull for the so-called best league in the world.

Good trip down Leicester yesterday on the train. Strange old game Liverpool battered them early on and when Mane scored it looked ominous for Leicester. The second goal didn’t make it comfortable as expected and ended up holding on at the end after a pretty poor performance. 

4 wins out of the first 4 for the first time since 1990 and top of the table but maybe the international break comes at a good time. Just hope everyone comes back fit. Including Robbo and myself :D

D8144315-CF34-4A84-9328-4F95685FEC8C.jpeg

45E0B49D-9161-4D29-93C9-DDE882463957.jpeg

4C9ED4D5-6E02-45AE-8C71-2B59E3E95CC3.jpeg

71A1EE73-2B89-4176-B355-81AA633724E4.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit