Premier League 2018-19

Mintermind bragging that it's the EPL is the most viewed league in the world then getting all huffy when it's suggested that it's a commercial cash cow filled with plastic fans who have attached themselves to clubs on the basis that they win games and their top looks nice.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Mintermind bragging that it's the EPL is the most viewed league in the world then getting all huffy when it's suggested that it's a commercial cash cow filled with plastic fans who have attached themselves to clubs on the basis that they win games and their top looks nice.

Sentence and a half that. What an effort. 

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Tbf you think the MLS is the sixth best league in the world.  The fkn Chinese league is better than that pish.

16 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

So much rage on here for no reason at all.

Agree with this tbh.

The oddest thing to me is how many people are bypassing the idea that these guys probably have no feelings towards United one way or the other and are just there to watch a game of football. 

I have no doubt those guys weren't "the home support" or even close. They just fancied a Man United game. And I'm not sure what's wrong with that either.

Guest Moomintroll
This thread has gone from zero to seethe very quickly
Pepp is permaraging about everything, everywhere in fairness, so any thread he turns up on will descend into the you cannot know show.

Agree with this tbh.
The oddest thing to me is how many people are bypassing the idea that these guys probably have no feelings towards United one way or the other and are just there to watch a game of football. 
I have no doubt those guys weren't "the home support" or even close. They just fancied a Man United game. And I'm not sure what's wrong with that either.

I’ll bet a good portion of the knobs that are always having a go about folk following the EPL or being EPL tourists have probably posted in other threads about going to games in other countries. It’s ok though, they’ll still be cool because they definitely won’t have taken any photos when they were there.

The daytripper frenzy on here has always amused me. Yeah, it is annoying seeing foreigners taking photos but do you realise how much these people generate at the bigger clubs?

I've seen a group of Mexicans at Old Trafford spend thousands, and I do mean thousands, of pounds in the club shop prior to the match. That will happen every game. Guys, like us, who try to go to as many matches as we can, in my case, not as often as I should, these days, we go and take our seats and rarely even buy a programme. Agreed?

These tourists will spend money in the club shop, buy a programme, a beer, a pie, whatever. The more tourists the better as far as the clubs are concerned, and that's why the "real" fans are concerned about young local kids not getting tickets these days. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:
and why is that?

Well, obviously because no one here is going to give any credence whatsoever to fans from anywhere supporting the arse cheeks.

FTFY

Re: "Daytrippers"

The English fans deserve them. f**k 'em all. On one hand I might think that they now support a club/league that has no interest, whatsoever, in their local roots or even nation and are happy to charge their fans thousands of pounds a year for a season book when, even if they halved that cost, it would make next to no difference in their accounts. They're chasing the money from overseas fans with scant regard for their home base and are now looking to play matches out of the country in China, USA, Singapore, Japan, etc. The bigger English clubs will become rootless entities without a care for their traditional supporter base as they chase money. I live in Tottenham and I'm just as likely to see Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Madrid or Barca tops as a Spurs top but, to a young lad growing up in Edmonton, what difference does it make? His "local" club has next to no local players, coaches, directors and does very little for the community he lives in compared to what it gets from them, he can't afford to go to the games and all his football is consumed on telly instead. White Hart Lane may as well be on the moon for all the difference it makes to him. So there is a part of me that feels for these fans who never get to experience football live and have been discarded by their clubs as an irrelevance.

Then they call Scottish football a pub league and I realise they can go f**k themselves.

On 28/08/2018 at 15:07, DanMc99 said:

a daytripper is someone who goes for the experience not the to support the team, i'm not from liverpool you probably  know that but have plenty of family from liverpool who took me to games when i was younger , that's why i support them, i don't see any difference with how i support liverpool to an Irish/ N.I celtic or rangers fan.

I have absolutely no reason to know where you live. Given your obvious disdain for daytrippers and fans travelling a couple of hundred miles to Manchester to support their team I took it you must live close to the club you support but it turns out you actually cover both of these elements yourself. You've obviously inherited the scouse hypocrisy gene anyway.